My 6 month challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 6 month challenge!

Was driving in the car the other day and thought "I am not going to buy any more fabric for the next 6 months. Okay that would be from June 1st - Dec. 1st. Okay, ummmmmmmmm of course got all these emails with specials on fabric, BUT I am going to do this. I don't have a huge stash but quite a bit. I will be able to buy batting, thread patterns, and maybe a sheet for backing. BUT NO FABRIC. I am going to use up what I have and MAKE IT WORK. Anyone want to join me on this.

Re: My 6 month challenge!

I will make an honest, good faith effort to join you surfer girl!

Here's my situation: I usually buy only enough fabric for every project (with a bit extra for cutting errors or unfixable mistakes). Therefore, I don't have a large "stash" per se.

However, I DO have fabrics that I purchased on sale for "future projects" -- so I think I can complete my next 2 quilts (and I know I can complete smaller projects on my list -- totes and mug rugs) with the fabric I have.

I am in and will touch base with you via a personal message every few days if you want! The bonus of this is my best fabric hauls are usually around Christmas time, so this challenge could have a great silver lining at the end.
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

I have 4 tops to hand quilt yet, and fabric gathered for 5 more tops. I'm good for this year.

Comment

I have enough trouble just refusing an extra helping of dessert. Don't take away my last vice!

Comment

oh boy, I just went in for thread and came out with $86.00 worth of half yards......well they were 50% off at that, I like this disease so I will pass your offer but good luck.
          Sew sew sew.
          So? So? So?

Comment

I was going to be on a fabric diet for this month. I failed on 6/01/16. Count me out.

Comment

Carol why don't you come join the shop the stash first group.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...challenge.html
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think you should start a Fabrihaulics annonymous group. I am with you as I have over bought just in the last 2 months. Before that, I had not purchased from m*qc since 2015. Hi I am Dee and I have a problem. If fabric is on sale, I just want to buy it and anticipate anxiously for arrival, and then unwrap it. Then view it, and mostly touch it. I think I am a fabric pervert! I sound like I really do have a problem.
                Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Sorry, but buying a bit of fabric now and then makes me happy.. In fact, I just gave myself permission to add to my stash...which really isn't all that big.... I'm not ready to give up something that makes me so happy... I think the occasional DD is good for the soul.

However, I wish you well on your in your determination not to buy any fabric for six months... I could never do it..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    Carol why don't you come join the shop the stash first group.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...challenge.html
                    I was going to suggest joining the group too. It's been a great group to keep each other motivated to use the stash we all have. We do admit to buying solids and I've fallen off the program when I went to that estate sale of 2,400 bolts of fabric (yeas, really that many), but it was just a one time thing.

I even made a ticker in my signature so I can track how much of my stash I'm using. I set a goal for the year and am trying to work on it.

Comment

I told myself 'Self, you are on a fabric diet this month.' So far, I have survived three days!!!!
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I love all these answers. AND I just remembered our quilt guild has a potluck/officer installation and "AUCTION" yikes!!! on June 27th, oh my, my first big test. I guess I can bid on anything but fabric.

Comment

Sorry. I am not able to join you at this time. I have been saving up so that I can buy when I go to retreat in September.

Comment

Sorry I won't be joining either,I do shop my stash and occasionally I buy when I can't afford to pass up the sale.
                            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Oh hail no! I still have some 20% discount coupons to use before the end of June. Although I have them for 5 different shops, I will only be using them for two. Then in Sept and Nov are my two favorite quilter events. In Sept, there is a large quilt show (some of the vendors sell fat quarters for $1.00 each), and in Nov the Shop Hop. Two years ago, I won the grand prize at the Shop Hop, a Bernina 350 Special Edition.

But I do wish you success on your mission. I have seriously cut down on my fabric purchases the last 2 years, and will continue to do so. I also belong to the 'Shop Your Stash' group.
                              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...
                              X