Lap Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lap Pads?

Hi guys... My friend, Cindy, is confined to her motorized wheelchair...she has Stage Four MS.... She has requested a new quilt, and lap pads for the chair... They need to be 12X18... No bigger than 13X20... Anything larger just gets in the way....

I'm doing two, to start.... One a three layered quiltlet kind of thing, and one with no batting..,just a flannel backing. She will choose which style works.... Then I'll make a bunch...

I'm looking for ideas.... Have any of you ever made small lap pads like this? Any advice would certainly be welcomed.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Lap Pads?

I make something like this for a friend with cerebral palsy - She needs something bigger and firmer than a napkin to put on her lap while she's eating. So, these become great practice FMQ pieces for me. I just cut a large enough piece of fabric, spray baste some warm and natural on the back then go to town on my machine. Another piece of fabric, right sides together - turn the whole thing inside out and add enough additional quilting lines to hold it all together. Fun and Done! Could also use orphan or practice blocks.

Comment

I haven't made anything like this but it sounds like it could be a worthwhile, fun and fast way to put a little quilt together. I don't have any good ideas for you but if I think of something I'll come back here.

It can be a fun way for you to try new things or enjoy the tried and true. If you like to work with scraps this would be a nice way to put some of those scraps to work.

Comment

I'm pretty excited to fo this..... I think it will be fun....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
        X