Sweet Peapod bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Peapod bags

I know there was a question recently about these bags but couldn't find the thread. Joan Hawley has a 2nd class up on Craftsy. If you go to her blog you can get a link to 50% off her class. I took her first bag class and it was wonderful.

Lazy Girl Designs » New Class, Giveaway: Zippers The One-Zip Way!

Re: Sweet Peapod bags

Thanks for the post. Just what I need - another Craftsy class - lol. But of course I signed up. Love her teaching methods.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Thanks for posting!
      Cindy

Comment

Thanks, yay! I didn't know about it. I have the first class she did, love it - lots to learn even if you don't use her patterns. I've been wanting to get the pea pod pattern since it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingaway View Post
          I know there was a question recently about these bags but couldn't find the thread. Joan Hawley has a 2nd class up on Craftsy. If you go to her blog you can get a link to 50% off her class. I took her first bag class and it was wonderful.

Lazy Girl Designs » New Class, Giveaway: Zippers The One-Zip Way!
          Thank you so much for this link!! I was waiting for this class and am so happy to get the discount! Thanks again!!

Comment

Pretty sure that post was mine. Suffered through the pattern and figuring out the zip. Have now made 3. Very easy once you know what you're doing.

Comment

I just love her method of teaching things. She has many tricks that make zippers and bags easier and nicer. I read through the pattern for the peapods before but was having a bit of an issue understanding it. I watched some of the class last night and now I think I can do the zippers. I took her 1st class and made lots of Bendy bags so I'm going to use the triangles left from that to do the peapods.

Comment

I'm taking her new class and it's awesome.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingaway View Post
                  I just love her method of teaching things. She has many tricks that make zippers and bags easier and nicer. I read through the pattern for the peapods before but was having a bit of an issue understanding it. I watched some of the class last night and now I think I can do the zippers. I took her 1st class and made lots of Bendy bags so I'm going to use the triangles left from that to do the peapods.
                  Just so you know, the bendy bag is very different to the sweetpea pods. I have now made sweetpea pods and Becca bags. Am having trouble with the bendy bag, however, I find if I just leave it and go back, I will figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
                    Just so you know, the bendy bag is very different to the sweetpea pods. I have now made sweetpea pods and Becca bags. Am having trouble with the bendy bag, however, I find if I just leave it and go back, I will figure it out.
                    Oh I know it's very different from the Bendy, but with the Bendy you have those great leftover triangles that are perfect for the Peapods. They will just be slightly smaller. I plan on trying the peapods this weekend.

Comment

I make my peapods out of the leftover bendie bags too. It's nice not to waste fabric. I usually make a fobio to go with my peapod to use up the zipper.

Comment

well poot, I just bought the peapod pattern and some zipper heads. The class is tempting me.....

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                          well poot, I just bought the peapod pattern and some zipper heads. The class is tempting me.....
                          They're fun to make. I can make one in about an hour.

Comment

Working...
                          X