Visit to Missiour Star Quilt Company!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to Missiour Star Quilt Company!

This weekend I had the pleasure of a visit to the Missouri Star Quilt Company in Hamilton, MO. What a wonderful time I had visiting the store. I got to meet Jenny and Sarah and several other ladies, as well as other friendly customers who were in the store. What a beautiful store with such great displays! I was drooling over the fabric and the precuts (wow!) I was in heaven!
    I got several cuts of fabric, two layer cakes, two jelly rolls, tea towels, dresden plate ruler, two yo yo makers, which Jenny was kind enough to demonstrate (my own personal , live tutorial!!). I can't wait to start planning the quilts I am going to be making from my haul!
    Sarah was such a wonderful host, showing me all the new merchandise that was not even out yet and getting out a quilt that was not finished so I could check out in person how she made it and what it looked like. ( and Sarah, btw...you are "so hot"!) lol!
    My boyfriend and his brother enjoyed their time sitting in the back room, thank you for letting them hang out. They told me someone told them about the Friday night sew alongs and now my boyfriend says next time we come to visit his brother we will plan it so I can hang out on a Friday night!!
    Thank you so much ladies for making me feel so welcome during my visit! It was truly the highlight of my trip to Missouri this weekend!!
    patticakes
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Re: Visit to Missiour Star Quilt Company!

Sounds like you had a great time and just from knowing the ladies from my orders and a phone call they are the best. Would love to see the store first hand. Never know maybe one day will get there. Hmmmmm wonder if I could plan a honeymoon around the store LOL.

Maggie

Comment

Patticakes it was our pleasure!! It was so fun to meet you! I can't wait to see what you sew up now with all your new fabric!! Glad you are home safe, too!! Can't wait for your next visit!

Comment

http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/2010...-from-chicago/

You made it on the blog!! congratulations! I hope I can get down to there someday too! How fun! And good on your boyfriend for hanging out in a quilt shop with you!

Comment

I'm jealous!!

I'm still waiting for the snow to melt and it warm up just a tad bit so I can collect on my Christmas present that Mr. Windy owes me...my trip to the MSQC!!

I'll be watching for pics of your projects that use your goodies from the store!!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I am jealous tooooo....
            Really I am happy for......I am sure it is a beautiful place......if I still lived PoplarBluff Mo. .....I would have to go check it out..but that was a life time ago......and it is a long drive from eastern nc.....
            Please post pics of the pretty things you make.
            bopeep
            sigpic

Comment

You are one lucky girl patticakes...I bet you had a great time. And I think you have a great boyfriend too!! Not many Guys would want to set around in a quilt shop ...I think he is a keeper. I too would love to take a trip to the MSQC...Mrswindy, we should plan a trip with our husbands some time...see if the set and wait for us...(giggle)

Comment

I'd love to make the massive trek from England. Maybe as a graduation present to myself.... sigh...
                Quilting through the dull times
                northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pokeyrella22 View Post
                  You are one lucky girl patticakes...I bet you had a great time. And I think you have a great boyfriend too!! Not many Guys would want to set around in a quilt shop ...I think he is a keeper. I too would love to take a trip to the MSQC...Mrswindy, we should plan a trip with our husbands some time...see if the set and wait for us...(giggle)
                  I think if there was a lake or fishing pond nearby...we'd be the ones waiting on our husbands to come back and get us!
                  ~Mary
                  As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I am so glad you got to visit MO. You can go any time, any day and get the you are so special treatment. All the people at MSQC make a person feel so welcome. Oh and the fabric and quilts and ideas. Hope you get to come back real soon and visit again.
                    sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X