Am I the Only One ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the Only One ????

I have no desire to make wall hangings or mug rugs.

Re: Am I the Only One ????

I want to make it all lol, trouble is I'm stalled right now. Mostly knitting and reading. I just think wall hangings and mug rugs are a good way to use up stash. I have made mug rugs but never tried a wall hanging, someday soon I hope!

Comment

I'm better with wall hangings but then I like getting nice panels and then working piecing around them. They go quickly and usually I can do a nice one for about $16 cost because they only then take a charm pack. Mug rugs I'm so-so about although I think I prefer to use embroidery when I do them :-)
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Nope. I too have the same feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
          I have no desire to make wall hangings or mug rugs.
          You're not the only one. Add to that wallets and regular bags. Zipper bags, however, are another story. LOL

Comment

I feel that way about making totes/bags. I think they're gorgeous but I don't want to make them.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Well, I dipped my toes into sewing/quilting three years ago with hot pads. Made a few bags too and then dived into quilts.
              But, I love making mug rugs and zippered pouches. They are quick, are a great use for scraps and orphan blocks, and make perfect little gifts.
              Wall hangings - I feel like it has to be useful and wall hangings seem to lack that.
              There are also baby blankets, bibs and burp cloths. Absolutely useful. And I make them whenever I need a gift for a baby shower.
              Preeti
              http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like wall hangings if they are on the really artsy side. Mug rugs were fun for awhile, then my dd asked what is it for? Sit down for coffee and a snak. That's stupid she says. lol I asked if she wanted to make a table runner for her friend as a gift. Mom, that's old people. So I don't make table runners either along with placemats. The only things I can gift these day's is a microwave bowl.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  I like wall hangings if they are on the really artsy side. Mug rugs were fun for awhile, then my dd asked what is it for? Sit down for coffee and a snak. That's stupid she says. lol I asked if she wanted to make a table runner for her friend as a gift. Mom, that's old people. So I don't make table runners either along with placemats. The only things I can gift these day's is a microwave bowl.
                  Definitely agree with you. I would love to have the skills to make artsy wall hangings. I have some photos I have taken that I would like to try to turn into some kind of fused fabric wall hanging if I had the knowhow. I use placemats at the table because I always have, I guess. I think they dress up the table and keep the crumbs under control. I have one - exactly one - table runner these days. It's more modern in style. I guess I am feeling that I don't want my apartment to look too old ladyish. All my Staffordshire lends enough of that atmosphere! Younger people I know really don't want that stuff. My son let me make him new potholders and oven mitts because his were so beat up and burned from grilling too. But he turns up his nose at microwave cozies. He never has leftovers, so why have them?

Comment

Mug rugs not so much. Tote bags, nah. I do want to try everything. With the price of good art wall hanging are a nice idea. I just want to do so many things, there is no time. I love making quilts. Really enjoyed making a couple purses/bags and want to make several patterns that I,have aquired. But again, time is not on my side lately.

This is such an enjoyable craft we should only be making the things we love to create and work with.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

No mug rugs, I have lots. No wall hangings, I have an open concept home there aren't that many walls. Now as for bags, wallets, zipper pouches, that is another story! I love making them! And of course, there is always quilting!

Comment

Me too. I make quilts for beds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                          I LIKE your DD, and I AM old people.

Comment

I make quilts, quilts with the purpose of covering a body. The body can be tiny or big ... I can make a quilt to cover it. I can make a good size wall hanging because it can also be used to cover a body if necessary.

But if you start talking about zippers, lining, or turning an item inside out OR a quilt for a table or placemat I quickly get a glazed look and my brain goes numb.

Comment

I like smaller projects - mugrugs, table toppers/runners, wall hangings, pillows and any quilt that does not exceed a queen size. I have not gotten the urge to make NCW's, totes, purses, placemats or hot pads. I have put in zippers in clothing before, but it's been a long while and I haven't gotten the urge to do that either.....
                              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X