INFO...BL9 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO...BL9 ????

Does anyone have this machine??? LookiLookinLooking at this, for my ddadaughter, her birthday is coming up, and this machine is on sale. I was interested in it, when looking for mine. She just needs a nice reliable machine, but she loves how quite mine runs. With needing to be able to share space with others, it would be helpful to have a quoted machine than the one she has. Does anyone know if this one is?

Do you have a economical sujestion?

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: INFO...BL9 ????

Bee, I'm sorry. Is this a Babylock? Not sure what BL9 is.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I will say that I'm a Babylock girl. Love them. In my opinion, if this is a Babylock, you can't go wrong but wonder what model it is.

Comment

Yes..... it's a Baby Lock.... and it is model BL 9. It is a simple machine. With 11 stored stitches. I'm sorry for rushing on making my post and not being very clear.
        I thought someone might have it for class's. Or travelling. Thanks for responses.

....Bee
        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

My class machine is a Babylock Audrey, but they don't make it anymore. She weighs only about 12 pounds and came w/an extended table and a carrying case!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It's one of the better mechanicals. You can use most of the special feet and quilt with it. I put a couching foot on one and had a blast. No one dreamed a simple mechanical could do that.

ttp://babylock.com/sewing/bl9/

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha O View Post
              It's one of the better mechanicals. You can use most of the special feet and quilt with it. I put a couching foot on one and had a blast. No one dreamed a simple mechanical could do that.

ttp://babylock.com/sewing/bl9/
              ( the "h" in the link above is missing, in case someone couldn't open the link Alpha O provided )

Went to the Baby Lock site...and found this cute tote that you could purchase to go with it.....( Love it) I don't have a Baby Lock, but this would be a good machine to take to classes I am sure.
              Baby Lock: A-Line Tote
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

That tote came with my machine, except it is black and says Babylock in gold embroidery.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Oh....I thought that you probably had to purchase it....I didn't know. I have a Viking /Husqvarna Designer SE.....I want a Baby Lock Serger soooo bad !
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I wanted the BL Audrey....... but I couldn't get her, nd got the Elizabeth, and I do love her so Mich.The auto needle threader is like the most amazing thing EVER.

SO glad to hear the good report on the BL 9. Thank you. I had a good feeling about it, but it's always nice to get a heads up from a first hander.

I hope to get one on it's way. ASAP.

AS always you all ROCK.the knowings.

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Bee, I have the Elizabeth and love her!! She's a great little machine, light enough to take to classes, but she has sew many features! I have used her for piecing quilt tops. but I have also used her for FMQ. Her throat is not big enough for a large quilt, but I also am fortunate enough to have the Elissimo and she takes care of what I can't do with the Elizabeth. Your daughter will love the Elizabeth. Easy to use and wonderful stitches to choose.

Comment

I want a Baby Lock Serger soooo bad ![/QUOTE]

I have the Enlighten and it is a fantastic serger...only a 4 thread, but that's all I need. I have made quilts with it, skirts with it, lounge pants with it, table cloths, runners, napkins, any number of things I ca do. Didn't want a serger, but DH bought it and now I love it. You should have one.......(tryin' to entice you!)
                        :

Comment

You do need to check the Babylock site. They have free projects, patterns and even embroidery designs for all machines. Sergers included.

Brother USA also has some, so did Bernina (they changed it since I last used it). Pfaff/Viking had some that didn't require registration.

The only site close to Babylock, was Janome for projects.

Free Sewing and Embroidery Projects from Baby Lock

http://janome.com/en/inspire/projects/

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
                            I want a Baby Lock Serger soooo bad !
                            I have the Enlighten and it is a fantastic serger...only a 4 thread, but that's all I need. I have made quilts with it, skirts with it, lounge pants with it, table cloths, runners, napkins, any number of things I ca do. Didn't want a serger, but DH bought it and now I love it. You should have one.......(tryin' to entice you!)
                            :[/QUOTE]

Even an older Imagine in good condition is great. I have that and the cover stitch. I didn't like the foot on the 8 thread, nor changing threading in mid stream for T-shirts, so I bought the cover stitch.

What's great about the cover stitch is the non-cutting feet of the 8 thread fit. You can shirr, pintuck, and do quite a bit more.

Comment

My friend has the Imagine and it's wonderful, too

Comment

Working...
                              X