Too pooped to pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too pooped to pop

One of my dearest friends was diagnosed this week with brain cancer. It's in her kidneys, lungs, adrenal glands, seems like the works.

I received a call Thursday from one of the teachers I worked with at Park Road Montessori. There is a tradition, with major illnesses the staff would decorate squares and a couple of the teachers would put a simple quilt together.
    This time our quilter was the one in need. Naturally, I told them I'd be happy to help. I started planning and trips to the store. I found the perfect fabric line for a quilter- "Sew Easy"by Maria Kalinowski for Kanvas Studios.

This morning I started in earnest. 49+ squares are ready to deliver to school on Monday (if the weather permits).DSCF0036.jpg

I'm pleased to be a part of this project. I'm pleased that the staff continues to show its love and support for its staff and former staff.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Re: Too pooped to pop

What a wonderful way to show support to your friend. Prayers for her during this very difficult time.

Comment

Beautiful story...wonderful blocks. You rock!!!
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

What a beautiful thing to do for your friend. I'm so sorry to hear her diagnosis. I will pray for her.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

You are an amazing friend, and being that she is a quilter herself this will mean even more. This whole situation must be difficult for you also and my thoughts are with you.

Comment

What a lovely caring tradition for that faculty, and how wonderful that they asked to help them. It will truly be a labor of love to complete this already lovely looking quilt for your friend. I know this gift will mean a lot to your friend.

Comment

Tough times! You are a great friend indeed! She will greatly appreciate it!
              Happy Quilting!

Comment

Thoughtfulness means so much in times like this.
                Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Comment

What a wonderful thing to do, amen

Comment

Katrina,
                    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. The quilt you have shown ( in the photo) is really awesome ! )
                    Prayers being said for your friend.
                    (((hugs)))
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

What a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend. It is beautiful, by the way.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Such a great tradition and I'm sure your friend will get much comfort from the quilt.

Comment

What a sweet tradition.... The quilt will be perfect... I hope the I'll teacher will be OK...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

So sorry to gear about your friend. Very sad! But the quilt you're putting together for her is darling! She will love it and it will be a blessing to her and her family. Praying....

Comment

Well, The squares are in the hands of one of the staff members. At least I won't have to worry about traveling to town if the forecast is correct. Directions were given, hopefully they'll all be finished with their part by Friday.

Monday morning, I'm calling Mr. Himebaugh to see if he can put a rush on my machine so I can quilt on my baby. Piecing on the little Brother isn't a problem, but quilting on it isn't something I'm looking forward to. Keeping my fingers, toes, arms and everything crossed that I'll have it back before I have to start quilting!
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X