Be honest---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be honest---

Can you be honest? Oh, not talking about an "honest person" but, an honest quilter and answer these questions:

1. How many quilts are you working on?
    2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished?
    3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together?
    4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next?

Ok-- enough for a Crazy Monday

Re: Be honest---

1. How many quilts are you working on? none now, soon I hope!
    2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? hahahahahahah!!!! no, but I'm a professional sewer of quilt tops!
    3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? lately, yes!
    4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? nope....bags yes.
    Last edited by bubba; February 1, 2016, 05:15 PM.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? 4
      2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? no
      3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? oh lord yes
      4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? yes, after I put everything the quilt cave back in it's place.
      :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on?-- 3
        2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished?- No, just make tops, get bored easily
        3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? No, I have too many patterns.
        4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Yes, I like to keep busy

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
          Can you be honest? Oh, not talking about an "honest person" but, an honest quilter and answer these questions:

1. How many quilts are you working on?
          2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished?
          3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together?
          4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next?

1. I have 2 almost quilted, 6 tops to be quilted, 2 partially pieced tops, and plans for 4 more.

2. I work on whatever gets me going that day, piecing, planning or quilting.

3. Rarely. I don't ever plan far enough ahead to forget what I'm doing.

4. Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on what I feel like doing. Its a hobby, not a job.

Comment

1. I'm afraid to count
            2. No (see #1)
            3. Usually but not always
            4. I usually start the next one before the first is finished. (see #1 and #2)

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on?--2
              2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished?- No, I'm planning and dreaming of the next 2 or 3.. depends on what fabric I've seen or Tutorial I've watched.
              3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? I have project boxes,,, lots of boxes with instructions, fabrics and finished sizes.
              4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Sometimes.... often I need a day or two to clean up my mess and decide which "box" to start next.
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post

1. How many quilts are you working on? Actively working = 2 (also have several tops ready to sandwich/quilt and a couple that are sandwiched and need quilting)

2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? Almost never. If I sew after work, it's piecing. I do piecing and quilting on my days off depending on my mood. But I like to always have something in the works,

3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? Sometimes. I have a few projects "kitted up" but I do tend to change my mind a lot.

4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Often! Sometimes I force myself to pick up one that's been hanging around a while, but I do start a lot of projects. I like to always have something cut out and ready to sew when I have the opportunity to do so.

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? 6 (three completed tops, two with blocks ready to assemble, and the 365 quilt
                  2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished?Hahahahahahaha..... no.
                  3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together?No, except for the 365
                  4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next?yes

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? Right now, I am working on just one. But I have at least 14 UFOs to complete. Because of this, I am disciplining myself to do one at a time until these are finished. BTW - I have already completed 3 this year!

2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? Not usually. And I have several more I want to make, but since I don't want to add to my UFOs, that will have to wait.

3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? I keep the fabrics together. But the patterns are either in my magazine collection, online, or with all my other individual patterns.

4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Sure! But I also like to make other quilty things, like placemats, table runners, mug rugs, etc.
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

How many am I working on NOW. one piecing
                      I only piece one at a time. I might have several waiting to be quilted. Right now 3
                      Once I choose a pattern and fabric I keep it together
                      I almost always have another quilt in my head and have ordered supplies for it so that when I finish piecing , I can immediately start on another.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? One that I started today

2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? I only work on one piecing project until it is finished. I have a stack of flimsies waiting for me to fire up the long arm and quilt them. Normally I quilt as soon as I'm through piecing but I've been doing a lot of sewing on the road with my husband so am getting ahead on tops.

3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? If I buy fabric for a specific pattern then yes, I store them together. If I plan on using fabric from my stash for a pattern then I don't keep them together because I will inevitably need a piece of that fabric for something else.

4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Always!!!! If I don't have plans for a gift quilt or a quilt for me then I pull scraps and immediately start on a charity quilt. I always have some form of quilt top on the design wall.

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? 2
                          2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? I have one I work on at home and one to take with me when quilting elsewhere-well this is the usual for me not the always.
                          3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? I keep "kits" when I have pattern and fabrics for a particular quilt/project.
                          4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Almost always, finishing one gets me excited to start another.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Honesty is a really important trait to me, so yes I will be honest:

1. How many quilts are you working on? 2-4 depending on whether I get annoyed or not
                            2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? Generally, but not always
                            3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? I don't tend to buy patterns and fabrics together. I buy the pattern and then go shopping for the fabric. That will then become my current/next project
                            4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? Often

Comment

1. How many quilts are you working on? 2 plus I have 2 tops waiting to be backed and quilted. Plus 2 other smaller projects that are halfway done. Lol.
                              2. Do you only work on one quilt until finished? Umm no. I've gotten frustrated at times and had to stop and start something else.
                              3. Do you keep patterns with the chosen fabric together? Nope. I kinda figure those things out as I go.
                              4. Do you ever finish one quilt and immediately start on the next? No. I usually have a few things going at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X