This is pretty cleaver in deed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty cleaver in deed

I've been trying to find a use way to repurpose thread spools. I came across this picture, I think it's cute. What do you do with your thread spools?
    ..................FB_IMG_1452516975130.jpg this is also a cute ideaFB_IMG_1452517743165.jpg

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: This is pretty cleaver in deed

These ideas are so cute. I use Aurifil thread and it doesn't come on a regular spool, just a skinny thing in the center. I love the use of the buttons, too.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Those are cute ideas, Bekie

Comment

You gotta see this quilt. It's just so pretty.
        .......................FB_IMG_1452537347239.jpg lt's going on my bucket lists.

....Bee
        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I don't care for the spool thing much but I sure LOVE the buttons!!!

Comment

I have some thread from my grandmother, it is wound on wooden spools which you will not find today. I can't use the thread, too old. I was just thinking about doing something with them today, but somehow leaving on the thread? Wonder if you could varnish it some way, or Elmer Glue the spool? I also have a box of old buttons, some from my Great Grandmother. Another project, somewhere down the line!

Comment

these could be cute in your sewing room.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

this is a hankie quilt isn't it?
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I save my plastic spools, even though they aren't pretty as the wood one, to make a wreath/garland some day
                  My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

My mother made these and I display them at Christmas. However, I decided to keep them up this year. They are yo yos on a small wooden dowel. She sprayed the spools. Her old wooden ones, she has left the little bit of thread on them and they are displayed in her sewing room.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                      this is a hankie quilt isn't it?
                      Yes it is, I am trying to get to the information on it. The post said it was a quilt along, but I'm having trouble finding it. I'all keep looking. I really like it.

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I have a couple of old hankies from my MOM, but I bet I can find more. Post the pattern if you can find it, Please. Sharon
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

As for my spools, I toss them. I am trying desperately to de-clutter. After having to empty my mother's house after a flood, I'm trying my hardest to minimalize. Can't claim that I am succeeding yet, but still trying.

Comment

I have an antique jar filled with wooden spools. I also have them threaded on a string and hang on a hook over my sewing table.

you could use them as legs under a box make a pretty storage container.
                            Display them in a glass bowl with old scissors or other sewing items.
                            Paint them red and green with gold and hang them on a Christmas tree
                            or paint them pastel colors for an Easter tree

I use an older small spool and stick inside a thread cone. It works as an adapter so I can use cone thread on my regular thread holder on my sewing machine.

When my grands were little I saved them and gave them a big bunch to play with. Zach loved to throw them in the air and let them rain down.

You could use them in crafts in many ways. I'm sure there are lots of ideas on Pinterest
                            http://www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com/
                            http://patchworkbyrhonda.com/

My Blog - http://calicodreamsforever.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am having trouble with my iPad. Did my pics not show up? Or no one has any comments? LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X