Block Magazine Damaged in Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block Magazine Damaged in Mail

Is anyone else having a problem getting their magazine? I've had the second one delivered with the spine broken and most of the pages are torn. I'm going by the post office tomorrow and speak to someone, it appears the person cramming it in my box is bending it on the spine instead of curling it to put in the mailbox...I sent Missouri Quilt a message and I'm sure they will replace it, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Re: Block Magazine Damaged in Mail

Your delivery person needs to learn to turn it the other way. I noticed mine was curled around, top of the magazine in first so the spine wasn't damaged. I'm not sure talking to anyone at the Post Office will help. I've often thought of getting a bigger mailbox so they have more room for things like that.
    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹ Albuquerque, NM..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I got a template broken once and emailed M* about it. They promptly sent me a replacement at no cost. The missing/broken piece was not in the package, so I think it started out that way.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Well that's just plain stupid. There are only a few post offices here and I know where mine is coming from. I would go show it to them.

The other day our tarp in the driveway came down and it was semi hard to get to the house, so the mailman put the package on the front seat of my car. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm glad you are going to the post office. What would even possess anybody to bend it that way? Even if it wouldn't fit if it was rolled the proper way, I would think there would be a place to put stuff that doesn't fit without damaging it until the customer could pick it up.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Got mine today, in good shape.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder about the mail carriers in our area. Most of the damage done to our mail is by the sorting machines.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm sorry frustrating hoping my block mag arrives tomorrow

Comment

Have to say my mail service is very good, except I get other peoples mail about once a week. I think maybe it's because our mailman never stops talking on his cell phone. One day I put my rent check in the mailbox with just the landlords name on it, no stamp or address. I guess I got waylaid and it got stuck in with the other outgoing mail. They delivered it across town to his house a few miles away anyway!
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Yes I have had the same problem. I don't know what the heck they are doing, but the EXACT thing happened to me as well. Delivered in Sacramento, CA. And that has only been the last 2 issues. All of the rest were delivered without issue. Very disappointing. Not MSQCs fault, so I'm certainly not upset with them. I mean it's not like they are THAT big, and it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't bend the dang spine regardless. I feel your pain. =(

Cheryl

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      Well that's just plain stupid. There are only a few post offices here and I know where mine is coming from. I would go show it to them.

The other day our tarp in the driveway came down and it was semi hard to get to the house, so the mailman put the package on the front seat of my car. lol
                      LOL It is like looking for wild chicken eggs at my house for a package at times. Sometimes the front porch on the bench, sometimes in the back under the shed on top of the bass boat(so the package won't get wet and the garage door is down), either by the doorway into the house in the garage or set on one of our folding tables next to the wall.

Sometimes our mail lady will bring it to me if she sees me outside. She drives up our driveway and I walk out to her. So nice to live in rural America!

Comment

Thanks everyone, glad it's just not me having this problem...I think it's just the fact that they are in such a rush they do not pay attention. I will be at the post office when it opens so I can catch the delivery person before she starts out today and explain in a very nice way how to not bend the spine of the book...

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday in good condition. Thankfully it was in plastic because everything else in our box was drenched. It's the norm for UPS to put packages in my car if I'm in town.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

There are times I wonder what the heck the mail carriers are thinking around here... Last spring I had a medium priority mail box crammed into my mailbox.

2014-03-28 13.28.13.jpg2014-03-28 13.28.23.jpg2014-03-28 13.28.32.jpg

I have a larger-than-standard mail box, yet it was clear this box didn't really fit. I knew there was something up by the angle of the box on the post. I had to take the mailbox off the post and drag it down to the post office and politely request (yeah something like that) assistance getting it out of the box. Even my hubby couldn't get it out. Luckily it was fabric and nothing was damaged inside. They did that twice that year. Haven't happened since though...

When this one needs to be replaced (pretty soon, I think) I'm getting a giant rural mailbox!

Kathy
                            Kathy Crofoot
                            http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

I had more problems with a post office box than I have rural delivery. I was getting my quilt magazines as much as a week after all my friends. When they finally appeared in my post office box you could tell they had been read. The final straw was the one that had mustard all over the top of the pages where they had been turned with dirty hands!
                              :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X