TIPS - FOR SEEING To SEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIPS - FOR SEEING To SEW

PLease​ share your tips and tricks for seeing to sew, to inform and encourage others who may be challenged with vision problems, Or their loved ones
    There are some wonderful and creative ideas that has helped me to be able to do what I love.

I hope otheres will shre there tips to inspire you to fI nd a way to continue or help Someone you know to be able to enjoy the Love of sewing.

I found a good light to light up my workspace. That has a white light bulb,I use these in my lamp where I hand sew as well.

* My machine came with a handbook but I use the downloadable version, I can see it better.

* Automatic needle threader , is my favorite thing ever.
    * my handy sew guide line.
    ( my daughter laid on for me).
    * Rulers with larger numbers, in black and clear, are my faves.
    * A pack of good strong needle threaders (for hand sewing)
    A few hand held meassuring aids (in pics).

There is lots of ways to color code and others will be able to help explain their techniques.
    IMG_20151118_141746.jpgIMG_20150709_201108.jpg
    Last edited by SewnByBee; November 18, 2015, 02:19 PM.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: TIPS - FOR SEEING To SEW

Reading glasses. I finally had to buy some.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

A husband who is anal and very precise when cutting for you! He does all of my fussy cutting. I use a lot of marble and crackle fabrics rather than solids so the colors do not have to be so precise.
      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Great lighting and readers. My wonderful husband hug lights over my sewing and cutting area. I'm still in a bit of denial that I need glasses. So I get cool readers and call them face jewelry.
        One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Ott light a must, especially when sewing on black!

Comment

Ott lights!!!! I think I have three in my sewing room! Over the cutting table, I have a four foot LED light MM hung for me, and on Jack, he put a strip of LED's on the underthroat for better lighting. I also have an Ott magnifying glass that lights up and has two lenses in different strengths.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I wear progressives, and I have another pair that are ONLY prescription readers... They make all the difference in the world as the progressives arent great for detail work. I wear the readers at the machine.

Comment

I use an Ott light and reading glasses. I recently saw Ott lights in the lamp department at Lowe's for a very good price. My Janome has an extra pull-out LED light that shines right down on the stitching area if needed.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I found magnifying glasses, on Amazon. I think I'm guessing nna try them, there not to pricey, they might be grate for some needle work. I think they're a bit stronger than readers.
                  Last edited by SewnByBee; November 18, 2015, 05:16 PM.

....Bee
                  The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                  ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Superior Threads' Top Stitch needles -- the eye is bigger and I can thread it myself!
                    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Working...
                    X