Crazy But I Am Doing It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy But I Am Doing It

Life has been so busy lately I haven't found time to spend in my sewing room. Life takes us here there and everywhere but where I want to be is my sweet little place with my machine humming surrounded by fabric and ideas on the design wall. So, I am taking a vacation day tomorrow and after taking the grandkids to school I plan to spend the entire day in there. It's unexpected, unplanned and totally crazy to use a vacation day to be alone sewing but that's what I am going to do.

What have you done to make quality time for sewing? I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    :icon_happy: Don't worry, be scrappy!

Re: Crazy But I Am Doing It

I too have to make time, or I get caught up in all the other "things" that have to be done. I can always find a bunch of them! Right now I had to put everything away (my sewing room is my dining room) because of Thanksgiving and mom's birthday. A lot of visitors coming which is always lovely, but a lot of work at my age now. December 1st it all comes out again! I intend to sew to my hearts content. (also because I have a lot of unfinished projects I need for Christimas). Well that is the plan, however, "the best laid plans of mice and men etc......"

Comment

I am so blessed to have more and more time for sewing and quilting, now that the kiddos are raised and gone. But......I still have to carve out time, as life often still gets in the way. The thing I have done to make quality time for sewing is to be more organized and try to keep my studio neater. Doesn't always work, but it does save me tons of time.....generally.

Comment

I, too, have taken a vacation day to schedule my time to sew. Go for it -- you only live once and if that what it takes to make us happy -- even for a couple of hours, NO, YOU ARE NOT CRAZY. Enjoy your day!

Comment

I don't think that's crazy at all! I think it's a fantastic idea! Enjoy your sewing day!

Comment

I have done exactly the same thing! Vacation day on a Friday and a long stay at home retreat! Told DH to pretend I wasn't even here.

Comment

How funny, I'm doing exactly the same thing tomorrow! I was given some extra time off for a recent work anniversary and I decided to use it to just take a day here and there. And today I decided I wanted to take off tomorrow and get the baby quilt that I'm working on knocked out and start working on a bunch of Christmas projects I have in mind.

So, obviously, I don't think it's crazy at all!

Comment

That's what I'm going to be doing on some of my vacation days for the rest of the year.... You realize NONE of us here are going to tell you you're crazy, right??
                Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

Right there with you. You are not crazy at all. I love having my own private retreat. Enjoy!
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. And it looks like several will be joining at their own homes tomorrow. I have a couple of errands to run tomorrow but the house is in order. Lunch will be soup. So I might just make most of tomorrow a sew day. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Comment

Enjoy your day sewing.They are your vacation days to be used as you see fit.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

When I worked I took a sick or vacation day every month. It's good for the body, mind, spirit, and creative juices. Enjoy your day!

Comment

Enjoy your day. I have done the same many times, and have my next day scheduled for Monday. As you can see from so many responses, you are not crazy.
                          Karen
                          Spring, TX

Comment

I hear you. My DH who works at home and is home All The Time takes a hiking trip for one week every fall. This year I took the same week off work that he was gone and sewed morning, noon and night. Just for the heck of it I kept tabs of my "hours" on the calendar and I put in 57 hours sewing that week. It was great! The best part NOT having to stop and make dinner, no grocery shopping, did not answer the phone even. It was heaven. And I sure got alot done.

Comment

Taking a day off to be creative and do something you love is healthy. I did it many times when I was still working. It helped me maintain my sanity. I say Go For It and Enjoy!!
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X