Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, didn't I DO THIS IN The First place..........Uhggggggg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, didn't I DO THIS IN The First place..........Uhggggggg.

For he begginers ,get you a Organization system started easrly on, Getting one going latter
    REALLY is No fun.

It got out of hand pretty fast, it's gonna take me a bit of time to fix my neglected organising effort.

I really thought, I was doing ok, until I would go looking for more fabtic and not be able to see what I have
    Without messing up the enrire STASH.

I am fold rolling .
    Color coordinating
    Separating
    Project - labeling and gallon baggies
    Never could find a good time to do this so, from nw on, when it cmes in,
    Up it's gonna go, the right way.

Thanks for all the tips on organization, I just hope I'm not the only messy quilter............Am I ???????��
    Last edited by SewnByBee; November 3, 2015, 04:02 PM. Reason: icons didn't show up.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: Why, didn't I DO THIS IN The First place..........Uhggggggg.

Nope. Not the only one. I am still far behind on my organizing. I would rather be sewing. I used to think that once I had a dedicated space everything would just fall into place. Not so much.

Keep up the good work - maybe someday I will get there.
    Donna

Comment

I'm pretty caught up on it after spending a loooooong afternoon doing just that!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Remember that nice picture I posted just a few weeks ago of my new sewing room? All organized and stuff?
        It don't look like that no more...

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
          I'm pretty caught up on it after spending a loooooong afternoon doing just that!
          Pat, how did the craft fair go??

Comment

Since I haven't a lot to work with, getting organized took me about a half hour. Sometimes having no money is beneficial!

Comment

Great advice! I moved my sewing room and took the opportunity to start over. There were many threads here on how to organize and some great tips.

I asked myself "how do I look for fabric?" I usually look for a color. So, I store my fabric by color. There were some exceptions for fabric I bought for specific projects (which I put together with the pattern) and non-quilting fabrics. I wish I had smaller totes to store them in. But I already had the larger ones. So far, storing by color works well. Now I need to go through the notions and stuff.

You are not the only messy quilter. A friend of my FIL wants to see my new machine and I keep putting it off until I can get my sewing room picked up. But then, when I go in, I want to work on something and not pick up
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Messy who me??? Lol, hoever. Have been working on it. Spend first 30 min in sewing room doing something to organize. It might be something. As simple as cuting scraps into sizes I use ie 2 in 2.5 follow Bonnie Hunter's organizational system. Sometimes its cuting up scraps for specific scrap quilt, with copy of pattern so I have kits ready to go. This system works for me. I also do this when I am working on something that bores me. This way I can break the boredom and also get something else done

Comment

Messy. Wouldnt think of it. I too thought I could keep it under control. Nope. So I have a messy system that need help and more room. My kids are spring cleaning for me while I am away, so I will have some great storage under the stairs. I will see how that goes when I am back. Good luck with your organizing.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I like to think of mine more like organized chaos. I have totes of fabric that have been traveling across the country with me for the past year. I have some precuts with me here in North Caroline but have discovered that the matching yardage (to complete the quilt) is still in Chicago.

Would be nice to have everything in one room - - - - even if it is messy!

Comment

Now, one thng, Im going to do with left over fabrics is my daughter's doings too.Like you ceilium,
                      Cutting 2",3", 4 "and 5 " charm size for a prep for scrappy quilts. Is a grate way to store some scraps.
                      We sometimes just Luke to cut a little while too. This is a gtate way to be a a step ahead , useful for appliquas,
                      Hexis, or other small piece patterns................so glad , I'm not the only one.

Songbird at least your enjoying you sewing space, thats what it is all about. If t stayed clean what good would you be dong other than cleanimg.LOL.

I did see this cool pic, its not mine, but its nice.
                      ....................................FB_IMG_1446497578833.jpg. ......FB_IMG_1446497604916.jpgwork spaces would be real nice.

....Bee
                      The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Oh, my goodness.... I keep trying to get organized, but just can't manage it... Just when I thunk I've got a handle on things, i discover I have a ways to go... I think I'll always have a ways to go...Very Big Sigh....Very...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I am a layer cake fan myself.

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I know what you mean! I've got stuff and have no idea why I even bought it. Back to making lists on the board!
                            Katrina
                            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I wish I had a sewing room! My bedroom is where I store fabric, in big tubs, and it is very unhandy. I could possibly redo the downstairs guest room into a sewing area, but I would running back upstairs all the time for various reasons, I fear.

Comment

Working...
                              X