Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aunt is looking for a Embroidery Machine ,What KIND ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunt is looking for a Embroidery Machine ,What KIND ?

Can you suggest a good, burt affordable machine for her. Her price is ,1000. Or less

I know some of you have Embroidery machines, I sure would appreciate a little help , please.
    She wants one to keep busy over the winter.
    Thanks
    ....Bee

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: Aunt is looking for a Embroidery Machine ,What KIND ?

Is there a must do list to get a good machine like this?

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

At least a 5x7 hoop
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thread. And stabilizer and software. I agree at least a 5" x 7" hoop or she might outgrow quick.

Comment

Do you want a embroidery only machine? I would look into that too.

http://bestembroiderymachinecenter.com/
          Last edited by Hulamoon; November 3, 2015, 08:58 AM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have the Brother SE400 which is a 4x4 hoop which I'm very happy with for my purposes. If I could have gone higher in price and only needed embroidery, I'd have purchased the Brother PE770 with the 5x7 hoop and then gone with probably the Embrillance software. The other softwares seemed so expensive to me and apparently the Embrillance can do all or most of the same things. The Embrillance runs around $150 to 170 whereas the others go upwards of $400-500 and above. With a potential of $1000 you would have extra for threads, stabilizers etc. I'd get mostly tear away, some two sided adhesive and a smaller amount of wash away stabilizers. But that's "just me" LOL It's a lot of fun getting a new machine so enjoy the process :-)
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I agree with Carlie. The Brother PE770 is a great embroidery only machine. Match it with Embrilliance software for 150.00 and you've got everyhting you need except thread and stabilizer- which you can get for a great price at threadart.com. they have really great prices on thread. You can usually get a starter kit that includes thread, the stand and stabilizer.
              Last edited by sleepydiver; November 3, 2015, 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling
              If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

Comment

Oh, thanks for that, she might not realize to take these things into consideration.
                I will make sure she knows. The price of all will rack up fast. Thank you........Bee

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

My daughter has the Brother PE770 and she LOVES IT.
                  ~ Tracy

Comment

I'm partial to brother machines. Easy to use and reasonably priced. Now I haven't shopped for one in many years so I'm not up on current models, but get the largest hoop you can afford.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I'm on a FB embroidery site and many of the members use the Brother PE 770. In fact, many of them own multiples of that machine to keep their small home businesses producing. They seem to be quite popular.

Comment

While I'm thinking about it. If she is thinking of starting with the smaller machine and moving up a hoop size from a 4x4 to the 5x7 don't get confused. The SE400 Brother can't do more than a 4x4 design. It can't even though I believe there is a 5x7 hoop you can purchase for it for extra. So for the larger designs you have to go up in embroidery design size it needs to be the PE770 or something similar. Make sure she checks the design size a machine is capable of doing (not just the hoop size)
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

A color screen for viewing the designs in really helpful. I have one (in an older machine) that's not in color and it's hard to tell what's what. Also a 5x7 hoop or larger. Janome, Brother and Pfaff all have good reputations for embroidery.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I recently purchased the PE770 and I love it. Love Embrilliance too, because you can use BX fonts, which allows you to use your pc keyboard to write with, instead of placing letters one at a time. You can also purchase a larger (5x12) repositional hoop.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X