Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge

Hi

How many ways to make these into a quilt can you come up with ?

Sashing or no sashing?

Flying geese or no geese?

Make them into a star block?

I have no inspiration at all and I have not touched my sewing machine for over a month.
    I dug these blocks out yesterday and started to make some more.

Maybe I can kick start myself again.

I am in a bit of a rough spot, and nothing is fun or even intresting. All is well with both my DD so that is not the problem. I think that the last couple of years is catching up with me. And it does not help that we are short on money for a while now. And my person that I talk to, to help me back on track emotionally, has suffered a minor stroke and will no longer be able to counsel me. She will be fine. she is currently back at work but with admin work and not council work. There will be someone else appointed to me but do not know when.

My contact person at the place where my DD is , is gonna quit that work and move away in dec. so there will be another new person to get to know and start build trust with.

Hmm... how did I degress from quilt blocks to this ?

Guess I needed to get it of my chest.

Sorry for the whining and thank you for listening.

Annika
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Challenge

Shuts want yo say that I totally get having a few rough years catching up with you.... Same here.... It's hard, but we just have to keep putting ne foot n front of the other..... We can fo it...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Annika - I recently did a large strip quilt without any sashing and love how it turned out. My blocks, though just red and white, were larger than yours, but I love it. I think your blocks look great just put together as you show. But I also think that sashing would be great. My determining factor would be the final size of the quilt.

I think we all run into problems where we can't seem to move forward - the stress that you've dealt with the past few years has to be enough to keep you away from your sewing machine. But know that you have friends here and you can let go of your feelings whenever you need to and we'll understand. Hopefully new people in your life will help spur you into tackling this project and many more to come.

Hugs~
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Annika, you are always such an inspiration to me. Your quilts are lovely. Sometimes life just sucks...I am sending you hugs and prayers that you will start to feel better, soon. You are not alone and you should feel free to talk to us whenever you need to.
        Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

I've been thinking about you. Thanks for sharing what's going on in your life. Maybe working on those blocks will help ease the worries!

Comment

I haven't been moving forward either. It's not fun

Here's some ideas.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/329114685242236436/

Attic Window Quilt Shop: BORED? MAKE HSTs...LOTS OF THEM

Half Square Triangle {Scrappy Strings Style} Tutorial | blooming poppies
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

So sorry you are going through this and will say some special prayers for you.

Judi

Comment

If you use either of the last two to make your blocks half square triangles, they can be set in any log cabin design. Playing with those possibilities would be might spark some interest.

I've always admired your quilts. You've done so many that are on my bucket list. I too know how hard it is to pull yourself up when you're feeling down. Always remember, you are much stronger than you realize.

Comment

You are not whining Annika you just need to verbalize what's happening inside. Share away. We are good listeners.

As far as the blocks go, I see sashing around them. I think it will frame all the different colors in each of them and make them stand out.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you.
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

Annika if you need to vent or share to lighten the burden this is a good place to do it we all care about you.Finding and trusting a new counselor is hard I wish you luck with that in the future.
                    For your blocks I personally like sashing unless you have made them like Jenny did with the same color in the middle,because then the sashing would break up the designs you can make with the placement of the blocks.
                    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thank you all for your warm and kind words!

I really needed them right now and it means a lot to me.

I feel a bit lost at the moment and that is something that I am not used to feel.

Thank you all for being here.

Annika
                      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Dear Annika, I hope that you are able to find some comfort in getting back into some sewing projects. I am very happy to hear that the girls are doing well, but am sad to hear that you have been struggling.
                        I fully understand that changes in your circle of support people would be very hard to deal with. It seems that you have formed a good bond with them.
                        All the very best to you. Sending you hugs !!
                        Be sure to post pics of your work when you can.
                        HUGS,
                        Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Oh Annika, I'm so sorry to hear you've hit such a rough patch. I've always been amazed at your energy and positive outlook, espeially with all you've been through. I am really happy to hear that your girls are doing so well now.

I'm hoping things start to look up for you soon....sending prayers up for you girlfriend

Comment

Hope you are feeling loved and supported by your forum friends.
                            I am happy to send you some fabric love from across the ocean to cheer you up :-)
                            Preeti
                            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X