Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are You Watching on Craftsy All Access Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Watching on Craftsy All Access Pass?

I am actually watching alot of the garment sewing classes, Like Patternmaking for Knits Esential Slopers, the cooking one for how to make Macaroons and then The Quiltworks Dresden one. I printed out all the recepes, materials lists and patterns for all the classes. Now I'm just knocking them out one by one. I'm making notes on the ones I want to buy when they go on sale. My husband thinks I'm nuts. lol
    If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
      Dee, do you need an expensive camera and extras to be able to use that photography class? Is it something I can do with my digital portable camera????

Inquiring minds want to know LOL
      The class I did was "Basics of Digital Photography with Rick Allred" and it was actually pretty informative, but you will get the most out of it if you have a camera with adjustable settings. I have a very basic DSLR (Nikon 3000) and it was great for my camera, but if you have a small point and shoot camera with very few settings that can be changed, then you may not get as much out of it. But he does talk about how to frame photos and things too, so it may be worth a look. Especially if it's free!

I did Sew Better Bags: The Weekend Duffel with Betz White, and while I like the bag and the pattern, I can't help but think that there had to be a better way to put that bag together than sewing through ALL of those layers! Anyone else do this course? What do you think?
      *Dee*
      Believe
      There Is
      Good In The World

Comment

OK, I took the plunge and decided to buy this pass last night. Y'all are terrible enablers!

I'm watching "Raising the Bar: Quilting Linear Spaces" by Pat Delaney. I figured it might be a good introduction to FMQ.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          OK, I took the plunge and decided to buy this pass last night. Y'all are terrible enablers!

I'm watching "Raising the Bar: Quilting Linear Spaces" by Pat Delaney. I figured it might be a good introduction to FMQ.
          I put that on my list too. I took a break today though. lol
          sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Has anyone tried making the sauces shown on the Craftsy Mexican Street food class? The look pretty yummy!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Well I hit a glitch. I finished watching my first class, then I selected another class and hit the WATCH NOW button. Only it put it in my cart and is charging me for the class. I checked the help section and it says to log off and log back on to reset it. I hope this works.

Comment

Well I hit a glitch. I finished watching my first class, then I selected another class and hit the WATCH NOW button. Only it put it in my cart and is charging me for the class. I checked the help section and it says to log off and log back on to reset it. I hope this works.
                I had the same thing happen. Signing out and back in worked for me.

Comment

I am multitasking this evening...
                  Watching Peter Reinhart's Artisan Bread Making while piecing my quilt top

Comment

This happened to me too. I found that if I was in the craftsy app it would try to charge me, but if I accessed it via craftsy.com it would not. Hope this helps for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                      Has anyone tried making the sauces shown on the Craftsy Mexican Street food class? The look pretty yummy!
                      Oooh! No, I have not, but now I have another class to add to my ever-growing list lol
                      *Dee*
                      Believe
                      There Is
                      Good In The World

Comment

Thanks for the tip on changing the speed - I have found that 1.5 speed works pretty well - even for the one I am watching now that has an Australian accent and talks pretty fast - Linear Landscape Quilts
                        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickie1965 View Post
                          I went to my wishlist to see what I had in there. So I started off with The machine embroidered quilt. I'm new to embroidery, so classes will benefit me for sure. I'll be looking into more classes for embroidery. I've only ever done applique once, and that was with the embroidery machine, but would like to add it to quilts too. I'll be checking out quilting with rulers too. Sooooooo many classes to watch, so little time!

I have quite a few FMQ classes, including the one you're watching. I really like her. Angela Walters is another favorite of mine, Dot to Dot quilting. I think I got the most from her class. I do have Cindy Neehams class too. I do hope everyone is able to take advantage of this deal!
                          I just watched The Machine Embroidered Quilt. It is a pretty quilt but gosh, did you see the backside? I can see why she uses a black and white busy fabric now. That grey floral is really pretty but you can see all the thread stop and starts. Plus one block looks like she used a black thread in her bobbin, so it REALLY is noticeable. Still, I will eventually do this quilt, it's very unusual and has a lot of techniques I'd like to try. It is worth watching just to get the embroidery files.

Comment

My wish I would have seen this sooner I think I would have gotten the pass. Maybe if this is successful for them they will do it again.
                            Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I just started watching, "Thread Art", which should be right up my alley. Lola Jenkins is lovely, but I am having trouble getting past the supplies list! There might just be too much for me to buy. I might watch it just for the ideas and not work on the project.
                              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

I had an allergy day and didn't find out about the pass until today!! Do they do this every year? I saw lots I could marathon watch! Oh, well, maybe I should work on what I already have going on!
                                Micky

Comment

Working...
                                X