No announcement yet.

Here's what the 3D printer can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the teachers at school (PRM) decided to purchase a 3D printer for his classroom. His kids make everything with it! It's amazing!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I don’t understand how this works (been under a rock I guess). How does he know what size (dimensions?) to use/make? I heard that somebody can print a plastic piece and fix their vacuum, but how do they know what are the exact measurements (dimensions?)? There is a whole new language to learn for this 3D printing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paisley View Post
        I don’t understand how this works (been under a rock I guess). How does he know what size (dimensions?) to use/make? I heard that somebody can print a plastic piece and fix their vacuum, but how do they know what are the exact measurements (dimensions?)? There is a whole new language to learn for this 3D printing.
        I didn't get it at first either. I thought it was cool, but super expensive. now they can be bought for $200 and everyone can buy them. You can even use them in a library.

Here is a fun example of putting it together (yes you have to assemble it) and the gist of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Z-9ncYsps
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, GREAT! Now I reeeeeeeealy want one! There’s a whole new language to learn I guess, like embroidery digitizing and paper cutting files. Thank you for enabling me, lol!

That's a cool template for sure. Idk how those 3D printers work either. I always equate the word printer with paper in my head. What are the templates made out of? Cardboard or stiff paper or something else? And why are they called 3D? It just looks flat to me.

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          It's made from plastic filiment like heavy duty fishing line sold on rolls of different colors. I posted a video above this ^^^

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Lorie have you ever been on Jeopardy? You should seriously consider it

Do you think a 3-D printer could make some of these? I think that would be awesome!

https://www.applipops.com/

Comment

• Caroline T.
          Caroline T. commented
          Editing a comment
          The ALLIPOPS are made of stainless steel, 3D printers use plastic, so while it probably could make the rings, they probably wouldn't hold up to the heat of your iron, and that would not only ruin your templates, but your fabric and iron also.

Originally posted by osewme View Post
        Do you think a 3-D printer could make some of these? I think that would be awesome!

https://www.applipops.com/
        o.k. Too bad about the melting. I never thought about that.

Comment

• oldmanquilts
          oldmanquilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are cool. Never heard of them. Thanks. Actually they are decently priced giving what goes into making them, and the material, but more than that... the utility. Some larger sized would be nice.
      Working...
      X