• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a yummy DD

Now to resist!
    🌺 Lorie

Re: What a yummy DD

Oh, I agree! I need to walk away now....
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

hmm....I do like this one!

Comment

I just can't help myself. An intervention should be in my future...

Comment

I'm resisting, I'm resisting, because..........wait for it...........my sister and I are planning a trip to the Lancaster, PA area quilt shops next week. We have been talking about doing this for years. Sis says she can go, if she gets a certain amount of paper work done over the weekend. Guess I better start calling her in the daylight hours to 'motivate' her.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I've got a lot of Kaffe fabric stockpiled, and I think those photos of the swatches are misleading in the sense of how big they are...I'm sure they are the correct fabrics shipped but it could be a skinny strip one-fourth the size of what you see....

Comment

Originally posted by kimsophia View Post
              I've got a lot of Kaffe fabric stockpiled, and I think those photos of the swatches are misleading in the sense of how big they are...I'm sure they are the correct fabrics shipped but it could be a skinny strip one-fourth the size of what you see....
              I didn't even think of that. I have one of the fabrics and the print is really big. No way it it would look that in a small strip. Thanks for pointing that out,
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                I didn't even think of that. I have one of the fabrics and the print is really big. No way it it would look that in a small strip. Thanks for pointing that out,
                Yeah, I bought a jellyroll of his fabric on a past daily deal and when it got here, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't at all what I had in my mind...and I think the thing is how big his prints are. A cactus dahlia cut into strips is unrecognizable, and if you like the look of cactus dahlia you could be disappointed in it being only an unrecognizable section.

Comment

Yeah, I bought a jellyroll of his fabric on a past daily deal and when it got here, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't at all what I had in my mind...and I think the thing is how big his prints are. A cactus dahlia cut into strips is unrecognizable, and if you like the look of cactus dahlia you could be disappointed in it being only an unrecognizable section.
                  I have the Lotus Leaf and the print is huge. Well thanks for saving my wallet!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    I have the Lotus Leaf and the print is huge. Well thanks for saving my wallet!
                    Heh heh...I encourage you to buy Kaffe fabrics in at least a half yard cut!!

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing....self control, Barb. You, too, Lorie!! Now I'm going to order it...sorry girls, I'm addicted.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Heh heh...I encourage you to buy Kaffe fabrics in at least a half yard cut!!
                        I tend to agree with this. When I use Kaffe's fabrics I usually use a pattern where I can showcase large cuts of his fabric because his print scale is generally large. But the daily deal today is perfect (color-wise) for a quilt I want to make where I simply want to use coastal or beachy colors. The pattern and scale of the fabric is less important to me than the colors for this particular wallhanging so I think I will give in to temptation and get this scrumptious deal!
                        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

It sure is pretty!!!
                          sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                            I tend to agree with this. When I use Kaffe's fabrics I usually use a pattern where I can showcase large cuts of his fabric because his print scale is generally large. But the daily deal today is perfect (color-wise) for a quilt I want to make where I simply want to use coastal or beachy colors. The pattern and scale of the fabric is less important to me than the colors for this particular wallhanging so I think I will give in to temptation and get this scrumptious deal!
                            That's a good way at looking at it. I like the beachy idea!
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I am thinking about it. It seems to me it might be perfect sashing for a row by row since those are all water themed.
                              I am trying to resist, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X