Daunting and unfinished pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daunting and unfinished pile

Hey all! I have just gotten over being sick and am feeling great today! To celebrate such a great feeling I'm pulling from my unfinished because I'm scared of it pile!

Anyone else have one of those?
    Things you've started but can't quite make yourself finish because it's at the scary part? :twisted:
    Mine isn't really a pile. They're all over the sewing room mixed in with the normal stuff so I don't really have to acknowledge that it's real. :?

Very sneaky those projects are! 8-)

Happy day everyone!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Daunting and unfinished pile

Glad to know you're feeling better!
    I dont have a scary pile....yet!! I'm still learning all the different techniques, so once I start a projct, its a thrill to finish it. I do have several quilt tops waiting to be taken to the quilter..does that count? Only thing that scares me with that, though...is the cost of the finished quilt!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I have one piece that has gone into the "yikes" pile. I was quilting one of my first quilts. I did most of the quilt top but then I decided to use a stencil to quilt in the border. I drew along the edges but when I got to the corners I panicked about matching up the pattern because the sides don't meet at the same place in the pattern.

I've put it to one side until I can be bothered to work out how the corners will work.
      Quilting through the dull times
      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I have one of those piles too. They are sneaky little buggers. Mine are also hidden in with other stuff. I just got one out yesterday and started working on it. Then my iron kicked the bucket. I dropped it last week during one of my pain flare ups and it hasn't worked right since. Yesterday it saw its last press. I should bury it out in the yard for all the wonderful service it has given me. It probably deserves a proper burial. During my research yesterday for a replacement iron, I learned that an iron's life span is an average of 3 years. Mine lasted TEN YEARS! Although, I think if my husband saw me outside digging a hole to bury my iron he would finally have me commited to the mental institution. He'd say "Hon, what are the neighbors gonna think?" So, my iron is going to get its burial in the same place all the other garbage goes.

I got a new iron today, but I don't think I'm gonna like it. I will give it a try, but I don't think I am going to find one as good as my old "Hottie". :cry:
        My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

RIP Hottie

Dont rush to a decision on the final resting place, its not a pressing matter....(sorry, couldnt resist!! LOL)
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

hahahaahhah!! WE will all have a moment of silence for poor old Hottie!! She will be greatly missed.

I say bury her....it would make a great story at your next quilt guild meeting!

Comment

Working...
            X