How To Make A Design Board/Wall ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Make A Design Board/Wall ?

I have a idea make a design board , until I have more room to make a design wall.
    I have a 4x2 ish piece of Launn board.Some cork tiles I can glue onto the board . Do I use the cok or is felt gonna be better? use a table cloth OR batting and felt. or cork? Thecork would hold up better I think but I don't know.
    How can I best use these ? ,I have a easel, put a hanger so it can beportable or mounted on the wall .
    I'Ve been wanting to do this for a while, gotta make it happen.
    Thanks f or helping me.
    Attached Files

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: How To Make A Design Board/Wall ?

I have been using a plastic, felt backed table cloth stapled (felt side out) to a piece of pink insulation board. Works great!

DH did attach it to the wall and frame it for me but that is not necessary.

Sorry wrong photo and can not seem to delete it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by asta; July 8, 2015, 09:06 AM.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I did mine by using five foam core boards and covering them with felt. You can buy it by the yard, Then I used Command strips (the long ones) on the corners, The fifth board I cut in half, because I only make up to a lap.

design wall.jpg

Hope that pic is clear enough.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

for a small portable design wall I use a piece of foam core board from the craft store covered in Polar fleece. Its light weight , stores easily and moves when I need it to. here is a picture.003.jpg
        when I need bigger I have this It is a piece of Polar fleece with a casing on top and a dowel split in 3 sections. It hangs above my washer and dryer (washer is my ironing station) and folds in 3 sections and rolls up when not in use (doesn't stay up as it blocks my ironing station and washer for that matter)
        002 (2).jpg
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have a piece of foam board with the fleece adhered to one side and I also have a plastic flannel backed table cloth with the flannel side out pushed pinned to wall outside of my kitchen door.

Comment

I had to get my meds today.
            Thanks for all your help.
            I think I can do this.

....Bee
            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Working...
            X