X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginny B
    replied
    Re: Sweet Hubby ... Gotta Love It!

Yes, it's great to have a supportive hubby. He asks me everyday about what the daily deal is and if I say it's something I say I like he will ask me later on if I ordered it. He is great at finding material I am looking for and even makes suggestions. He even points out sewing machines I may be interested in when we are wandering around antique stores, etc. He does tease me about keeping our mail carrier very busy.

Leave a comment:

• BethB
    replied

My husband will give me an opinion if he feels something does not look quite right. He will also "suggest" we go to some of the quilt shops that are 45-60 minutes away -- of course, he has an ulterior motive -- to look at rv's. But that is ok with me.

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

I didn't have time to have a hobby, but my family encouraged me to find something. My hands were no longer able to
    do the Upholstery I loved, so I just wasn't into much elts.My daughter was learning to quilt, when I stumbled on Jennys
    Tutorials and I thought I could do that and nmy hubby was all in ,he helps me find more of the fabrics I 'm using of whatever
    I'm doing, he has been grate. Does give me a little grief about the stash, Oh well. We're very blessed ladies.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Jeff loves to help me lay out quilt blocks and he often gives me advice about backing and bindings. He's right most of the time!

Leave a comment:

• klgls
    replied

Definitely a keeper!!

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied

That's great!! My husband does most of my lay outs.

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

the gals at the the quilt shop love my hubby because he is so much help. He does well at finding patterns.....BUT I have learned to never let him choose colors. His mother (and she was an art major) told him that all shades of green go together and all shades of blue go together.....now you and I both know that that isn't true. Some of his choices have been questioned by the ladies in the shop and then they have a "let's teach Craig why that doesn't work" class. It's so funny seeing them trying to get him "enlightened" on mixing colors. Finally they just laugh and have him move bolts for them.

Leave a comment:

• cmhquilter
    replied

Yes, my hubby is very supportive of me. I think it is because I was always supportive of his fishing and hunting hobbies. He's even willing to swing by Hamilton to visit M* in a few weeks after an out of town wedding even though it is a bit out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I always ran design decisions, color choices, etc., by my husband. He has a great rye for yhatyouused kind if thing.... I always listened to his opinions...

Leave a comment:

• RobinofNewstead
    replied

I too am blessed with a supportive husband - he lauggs at the packages of fabric that seem to arrive by magic several times a week. I think he is just grateful he doesn't have to sit in the car as often for "just a moment" while I shop for fabric!

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

My hubby looked at my last package and asked..."Is that new fishing lures for me?" I told him that it was fabric to make jackets for his lures so they don't get wet...ahhh love. A two way street.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I admit it...I love when MM oohs and aahs over the things I make!!

Leave a comment:

• DramaMama
    replied

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Of course......he has to pick at me about my fabric stash occasionally but he knows I'm a bargain hunter.

Yes! The other day after my last package arrived he said, "There's another package for you on the table. (pause) Is this going to be a regular thing?" His eyes were full of smiles, however!
    Last edited by DramaMama; June 19th, 2015, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Isn't it great to have a sweet hubby that is supportive of your hobby/addiction. This made me smile. I have one of those too.........he helps me plan & scheme when I have a new idea for a quilt. He is my biggest fan and encourages on my projects. Of course......he has to pick at me about my fabric stash occasionally but he knows I'm a bargain hunter.

Leave a comment:

• DramaMama
    started a topic Sweet Hubby ... Gotta Love It!

Sweet Hubby ... Gotta Love It!

Don't you just love it when YET ANOTHER fabric package arrives in the mail ... you open it ... your husband asks to see it, then says, "That's really nice."

Then, he proceeds to ask if he can take a turn at re-arranging the blocks in the baby blanket you have set out on the table (before it's pieced together).

Feeling blessed.
Working...
X