Cleaning my studio and........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning my studio and........

I store my projects in 2 gallon Ziploc bags.....WOW!!! I need to get busy! I keep the projects in a set of drawers under my cutting table...guess I need to just start looking through there instead of watching videos.

This is SOME of the projects, I'm not finished digging through everything yet. I have 3 quilt tops ready to be quilted...just need to get to it.

**hanging my head in shame**
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Re: Cleaning my studio and........

wow, those all look like projects not started. I would go through them and see what looks the easiest and do it first, then look for the things that need done by a certain time, bday, Christmas, etc, and work on them. In between you will be filling more ziplock bags. LOL
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

LOL.......or just put them in the freezer, they'll keep!

See what terrorizing the Internet gets you........AND me?
      What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Oh Shirley. Mine are the same. A bunch of bags with patterns and fabric ready. About 10. And I still have about 8 to quilt, with backing pretty much ready. I need to stop shopping, stop looking at new patterns, and just sew, sew, sew. I would be busy for the next year just doing that.

What is bad, is like you, they are tucked away neatly so I am not staring at them. I need a shelf that displays them proudly waiting for their turn to be picked lol.

Happy Quilting
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
          What is bad, is like you, they are tucked away neatly so I am not staring at them. I need a shelf that displays them proudly waiting for their turn to be picked lol.

Happy Quilting
          Maybe I'll find a way to hang them on pegboard, without ripping the bags, and then they won't be out of sight and forgotten.

Comment

Here I thought I was the only one with big eyes. LOL. The only thing that would keep me from drooling over new fabric offerings (like todays JR DD prismadyes) would be if I buried my credit card beneath the stack of Rubbermaid bins holding neatly organized yet unfinished projects.

Comment

You two? I keep my "to do" projects in plastic bags, too..... I recently put them all in one spot, and was blown away.... Seriously? I don't need new projects..... But.....it 's so tempting to see what an idea will look like.... You know?

We're the new bag ladies...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

DH gave me a good idea....I asked him if he saw all those bags on my table when he was in my room....of course he did *ha*

He said I should get some bulldog clips and clip them to the bags and hang them on the pegboard. So I think that's what I'll do

My first thought...was yeah get those hung up EYE CANDY!!!!

Comment

Shirley, just how big are those drawers??? lol

I keep some in bags, but they slide all over the place if I have them out. Your DH's idea sounds great. I have pinned some to my design wall, then have to take them down....its a good way to have them nag me to get done. You are right about the holes, though.
                  No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                  Aesop

Comment

Sounds like there are quite a few of us that could play Ziploc poker
                    K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I too have that many bags of project as plus all my fabric that isn't bagged together as project. I would guess enough for three lifetimes.
                      Wendy
                      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Oh! I had to do a double take, as I first thought you posted pictures of MY projects! I have some projects in bags, and material designated for certain projects in plastic containers. And these are just projects that haven't been started. My UFO grouping is a separate matter! (Thank goodness for the 2015 Finishing Group.)

And yesterday I started a grouping called "do something with this". The "this" are unused blocks from completed projects. You know, they can make table toppers, pot holders, coasters and so on.

I have no excuse for getting into any kind of trouble, as I have more than enough to keep me busy.
                        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                          Sounds like there are quite a few of us that could play Ziploc poker

Now THAT sounds like a blast.
                          or...or.... Ziploc exchange! Everyone exchanges a Ziploc bag with a project of similar size... hmmmm.... wait... nevermind - I guess the goal is to have fewer bags
                          Last edited by songbird857; June 6, 2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Well....my DH said bulldog clips.....ummm he meant binder clips. I tried both.....the bulldog clips come off the bags, the binder clips work well.

Now I have to clean up the table and find a wall LOL......and that's just the beginning of what I have. I have projects in plastic storage boxes too. Then there is the yardage that we won't even discuss.

A jelly roll here, a layer cake there, here a charm pack, there a fat quarter, everywhere a bunch of projects!
                            Last edited by buckeyequilter; June 6, 2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I told DH my room is starting to look like a mix between a mechanic's workshop and a quilting studio. Thanks to M* and Harbor Freight LOL

I have 3 of those rolling toolbox's, I have one near my cutting table with supplies I use there, one near my quilting frame and the other one I haven't decided what I'll use it for yet.

I saw these workbenches in the Harbor Freight ad so yesterday we bought two of them, I am using one for my embroidery table and the other will be a design table with my computer and such.

They may not be "pretty" but they are functional and heavy duty.

Comment

Working...
                              X