Craftsy Mystery Fat Quarter box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craftsy Mystery Fat Quarter box

I asked this question in the beginning of the year and no one had ever bought a mystery box from Craftsy, so I was looking for an update. They have a few mystery boxes for $40 which include 40 fat quarters. Did anyone buy a mystery box in the last sale and want to share what was included in it?

Re: Craftsy Mystery Fat Quarter box

I've been wanting to order one. I liked a couple of the options, but read the small descriptions. some of the descriptions say 10 different fabrics, meaning 4 fq's of the same thing. That was a deal killer for me. They don't all say that, just read the description before pushing the buy button.

Comment

Before you asked about a specific fat quarter box, so I didn't answer. I got a mystery box once, no particular brand or line of fabric. I think it was 40 fat quarters and out of the 40, 3 were random prints and the rest were solids. Mostly different shades of green. The solid fabrics were not the quality of Bella or kona, so I'm not quite sure what they were. I've used a lot of them in different scrap quilts, but won't order a random mystery box like that from them again.
      K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I have ordered the Craftsy mystery boxes before...got a whole box of 30's repro fabrics that were really cute and the Christmas one was nice also. I have also gotten some stuff that was not pretty at all...but it will look good in a manly quilt for charity. For $1 per fat quarter, you get what you get. All in all, I was satisfied with what I got.

Comment

I contacted Craftsy today because I was also thrown about getting 40 fat quarters and only 10 designs. Why wouldn't you just make it a box of 10 1-yard pieces of fabric. Anyhow, I was told that the mystery boxes contain more than 10 designs but there could be multiples. The regular fat quarter boxes (not mysteries) have only 10 designs. I really do hope they change their descriptions for these boxes. I think I might try the holiday mystery box. $1 per fat quarter is a really good deal, especially because the local quilt shop just raised their price for a fat quarter to $3.00.

Comment

I have bought one in the past. The selection of fabrics was beautiful. There were several FQs of the same design from a line but they were different colours, which was nice to have some that went together. I wouldn't be able to use all the FQs in one quilt - they were too different. I like having the fabrics I wouldn't have necessarily chosen myself and they were a nice, inexpensive way to add to my stash. I've used them for small projects here and there and am actually just doing a table topper using some of the 'fancy, shiny' ones I never would have picked at the store. One thing though - I found many of them DO NOT measure a full fat quarter so if you have plans for a project that requires the perfectly measured size, don't think these will work. I was pretty happy with the quality and selection but just keep in mind the size and prints may be a surprise! You get what you pay for, right??!!

Comment

Working...
            X