Arms or no arms on your sewing chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arms or no arms on your sewing chair?

DH recently brought home an office chair for my sewing, it has arms on both sides. I feel like I like the right arm for resting my elbow but the left is constantly in the way when I get up for my cutting/ pressing/chocolate ...

Do you have arms on your chair? Why or why not?

Re: Arms or no arms on your sewing chair?

No. I specifically requested no arms since I knew they would get in the way. Take a look and see if it can be removed. Depending on the type of chair, that is sometimes an option.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I have arms on mine but I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other about the arms. I don't find them in the way but I can see that side of the argument. I can move them up and down (not sure if they come off) but not something that I have really paid attention too. Sorry no help.
      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

No arms for me as arms prevent me from getting into the opening of my sewing desk and I can't get as close to my sewing machine as I want to

Comment

I also purposely chose a chair with no arms for my quilting room. I feel they get in my way and serve no purpose for my sewing needs. Now on my office chair at my desk, I love them!
          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Mine has no arms... But, I didn't choose it,... A neighbor was going to toss it, so I got it... I like it, though, as it gives me freedom of movement... If I were going to get a new office chair for my sewing room, I'd get one with no arms.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I purchased an office chair with lumbar support (important) and no arms. My husband made a sewing cabinet for me and while I was trying to decide what type of chair I wanted I was using his desk chair with arms - the arms seemed to get in the way.

Comment

No arms. It's an old secretary's chair from the late 60s/70s. The leather hasn't even ripped. Weighs a ton as it has a huge aluminum base.
                I must have bought it over 20 years ago and it still looks the same today.

I tend to sit on one foot at times and arms get in my way. Work offered me a fancy chair once until they saw me turn computer chair around and lean on the back.

Comment

I am an armless quilter! *giggle*
                  Blessings!

Donna

Comment

The most comfortable chair I found also had arms, but we didn't attach them. It's sturdy even without the arms and I really like it.

Comment

No arms. Can you take the annoying one off?
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

My current chair has arms but it's one we had already and not very expensive. But..I've asked the hubs for a new chair for Christmas and it will probably be one without arms. They don't bother me too much but they do get in the way sometimes.
                        sigpicCarolyn

Comment

No arms for me. But my chair came with arms I just never put them on when it was assembled. They get in the way and stop me from getting close enough to the desk or sewing table.
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

You gave me a chuckle with "getting up for cutting/pressing/chocolate." Seems my brain took out the / / /'s. LOL

I have a chair with arms that I am debating having in my sewing room, but since I have been using an old wooden chair without them, I will probably have DH take them off if I use it for sewing. I'd get confused with the changeover. Hahaha.

Personal preference is what I'd suggest. Many chairs can be with or without arms.
                            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                            Aesop

Comment

Without arms. I bought a used office chair ($20)from a place that sells all kinds of used office furniture (Karz Recycling in New Baden IL). It came with arms on it, but I took them off.

Comment

Working...
                              X