2010 Quilting goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Quilting goals

I'm new to the quilting thing and I want to learn more... so, I'm setting up some learning goals for 2010:
    • Participate in at least three swaps (I'm already signed up for one)
      Quilt my own quilts
      Do not expect perfection... (see previous goal ... )
      Tackle one "intermediate" project
      Take a class
      Make one quilt for charity
      Have fun

I think this list is quite doable...

What are your goals?
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Re: 2010 Quilting goals

One of my goals is to create at least one quilt (or even wall hanging lol) using the Dresden Plate pattern. I wont strive for complete perfection, but a 98% accuracy at least

I'd also like to make a full size quilt using the tube tutorial blocks (If you havent seen the video yet...I HIGHLY recommend it!) I'm already having so much fun with this technique!

I like your idea of a quilt for charity, I'll try to do that too, but will need to make quilts for my sons (4) first.
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I'm going to learn how to hand quilt...and I"ve already signed up for a class in April!
      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by mrswindy4

I'd also like to make a full size quilt using the tube tutorial blocks (If you havent seen the video yet...I HIGHLY recommend it!) I'm already having so much fun with this technique!
        That technique is just too cool! Wow! Love it!
        "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

Ooh goals

• I want to finish quilting some blankets that are patiently waiting
          • Complete a quilt pattern to see if my ideas are worthwhile
          • blog more and better (that means projects!)

I suppose what it comes down to is I need to inspire myself and sew everyday. Forget the list if I can do that I'll be doing great!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

My main aim is to be self funding by the end of this year. I have my first quilt almost ready to sell on etsy and a couple more in a pile to be finished so I'm hoping to use the money from those to buy more fabric to make more quilts.
            Quilting through the dull times
            northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I would love to make something for myself... I never do and am working on a dresden plate right now..which will be mine. Plus I would like to try a few more quiting patterns in the near future including a new of the ones everyone is doing right now. Wendi

Comment

My quilting goals for 2010:

8 quilting projects this year. Am working on finishing # 2; which is an applique family tree quilt (twin sized). Am handquilting the borders, then just have to add the binding, and then the label on the back.
                Finished a nine patch prayer lap quilt for a friend recently diagnosed with cancer. (project #1)
                The others that are in the works...
                Dresden Plate quilt (queen sized) to be completed by end of May, in time for my 28th wedding anniversary - using Nature's Notebook by Moda
                Stack & Whack pinwheel quilt (queen sized)- using Aviary by Moda tunrovers on a cream background
                Four patch Jelly Roll Quilt (queen sized) - using Recipe for Friendship by Moda jelly roll
                Some quilt blocks for a breast cancer quilt project (not sure how many I will make yet)
                A quilting challenge using the theme "Out of the Blue" - due in early Sept.
                Another quilting challenge project using the theme "Starry Starry Night" due in October - this one is an applique nativity mantle quilt.
                Volunteering with a local quilt fest in June

Missouri Quilt had great tutorials on the Dresden Plate and the Stack & Whack. Check them out!!!

Comment

I don't have many goals this year.... And I've already accomplished one of them!

Join the quilters guild - done!
                  Use free motion quilting on 75% of my finished quilts
                  Go to a quilters retreat
                  Finish one quilt a month (minimum)
                  Make Christmas tree skirt
                  Make 4 Christmas stockings that match tree skirt
                  Keep up with my BOM kits
                  ~barb

Comment

There are some really great goals listed here!

I would like to do less procrastinating and do a few charity projects by years end. I just finished a Quilts for Kids quilt and have another small quilt to do for another charity.

I would also like to make a huge dent in my UFO's that have been sitting around waiting patiently for me to pick them up and get moving along on them.

And, I have photos everywhere on my computer that I would like to organize into folders and then put onto discs in case something ever happens to the computer. Thankfully I have a computer-DH who will help me with that.

Hugs,
                    quiltingtrish
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                    X