What the heck is wrong with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is wrong with me?

For Christmas my DH gave me a pantry cupboard to store my fabrics, I spent about a week wrapping my stash on boards and organizing it-it looks great when I open the doors and I love that but noticed I was missing some needed coordinating fabrics and found some fabrics that I forgot I had. I spent a few $$ picking up some solids and now I have plenty of fabrics to work with. My intention is to use up a lot of my stash. I have made 2 stash quilts, nothing big tho. And now for the entire month of Feb. I just made small projects and just seem to be making more.

Why oh why am I not making those stash quilts I am prepared to make?
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: What the heck is wrong with me?

When you find the answer to your dilemma, let me know!!! I haven't organized in ages, and I still can't figure out how to get started on using up my stash..
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

You mean we're supposed to actually use our stash?!

Comment

Because some fabric is evil
        Even when you have a neat little list for things to do and items to make, it will grab you and not let you go...

How do I know this?
        I get distracted even when I am in the middle of my first distraction...
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think we can all blame it on the weather. I found that I was quite satisfied doing a bunch of mug rugs, doing some embroidery work and actually wasted some time searching for something I just KNEW I had. (Finally found it after the NEED was gone.)
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

And that is the question!!!!
            ***Kathy***

Comment

I'm trying. I really am. It just seems like the more I cut into my stash the less it looks like it's been used. What's up with that???
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Lately I've been great at pulling out fabrics but then I haven't really done much with them. I was on a mug mat kick now that it's over I've got a mess of fabric in my sewing room that needs to be cleaned up and put away, sigh........
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Please lie down on the couch. Comfortable? "Now tell me, why do YOU think you are not making those stash quilts", (Sylvia asks in her best therapist voice).
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Sometimes we just need a break from it all

Comment

I just made two stash quilts and it doesn't even look like I touched
                      my stash. They are just not as exciting to me.

Comment

dont have a new blade for my rotary cutter. so i cut up an old table cloth that my deceased mom made and am hand sewing it to a vest i bought 20+ years ago. Just dont feel quilty at this time.
                        I LOVE JESUS

Comment

Of course it doesn't help that I keep adding to the stash before I actually do something with what is there already! After all, that clearance fabric at Hobby Lobby might NOT be there tomorrow (yeah, right...)...

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post
                            Please lie down on the couch. Comfortable? "Now tell me, why do YOU think you are not making those stash quilts", (Sylvia asks in her best therapist voice).
                            Well, it gives me a sense of accomplishment (I am not usually very neatly organized) when I open those cabinet doors and I see all that fabric so neatly arranged-----it looks so pretty!
                            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Working...
                            X