Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chanse to meet Jenny Doan at Houston quilt festival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leah53
    replied
    Re: Chanse to meet Jenny Doan at Houston quilt festival!

I picked Jenny. The only problem I have with Eleanor is getting thru all the fluff in her videos, I have enough of a concentration problem without having all that interrupting fluff. She does have a personality and I can understand why people like her, she's great at interacting with her class but she's just not for me.

Leave a comment:

• Squeaky
    replied

As much as I love Jenny, I picked Mary. After I'd heard she has IBD and has been through similar health issues as I have, it was a natural choice. I use quilting to relax, unwind, and forget I'm "sick" a lot...

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

Wish it could be all 3 at the same time - wouldn't that be a memorable dinner!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ellietow
    replied

I picked Eleanor Burns too, just cuz I wanted to! It was hard not too pick Jenny though.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I entered and picked Eleanor Burns. I've eaten a few times with Jenny and she's awesome. I think Eleanor is a hoot and doesn't take herself seriously, so she'd be fun to have dinner with and chat a bit too.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

We all know and love Jenny, and through this forum, Jenny would be the natural choice for this. But I've been with Eleanor Burns and she is a hoot! I love how she makes the complicated quilt patterns simple, and how she builds confidence through teaching simple steps toward a lofty goal. I made a triple Irish chain quilt last year and could not have done it without her tutorial and techniques. Her earlier tutorials feature her less enjoyable more strident voice quality but the more recent ones show her genuine warm and zany side and a much more relaxed voice. I did a BOM with her last year through a webinar and loved every session! So, voice aside, I am an Eleanor Burns supporter as well as I am to Jenny and Mary Fons.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by quiltingtrish

Would those of you who don't like Eleanor Burns please keep your comments to yourself? Her voice may be annoying to some or lots - then just leave it be and move on. There are those of us that think she is very nice and fun to be around. What's the saying? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and asking someone not to state it is not how this forum works. There is also a huge difference in saying you don't like someone's voice and saying you don't like the person.

Leave a comment:

• ceegee
    replied

Thanks, quiltingtrish, I agree with you. I happen to enjoy Eleanor Burns very much! Her quilts are beautiful, and I think her voice is warm and friendly!

Leave a comment:

• Pointeofview
    replied

This sounds like fun....I can dream, can't I?

Leave a comment:

• lapeoples
    replied

Wow, me too. I can't handle that voice.

Leave a comment:

• CarolynK
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    I picked Jenny. Have eaten with her before. I'm not sure I could sit with Elanor Burns since I can't listen to her voice without cringing.
    Glad I'm not alone on that. I watched one of Eleanor's log cabin block videos and by the third "Get rid of it" I shut it off.

Leave a comment:

• Swedish leo
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Annika, if I win I'll let you borrow my driver's license (it's never been suspended and there are no warrants out for me).
    Ha ha ha Gotta love you!

Leave a comment:

• ctab
    replied

Thanks for posting. I entered! How fun would that be to win!
    Last edited by ctab; March 2, 2015, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Papa
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    I picked Jenny. Have eaten with her before. I'm not sure I could sit with Elanor Burns since I can't listen to her voice without cringing.
    I think Elanor Burns is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Annika, if I win I'll let you borrow my driver's license (it's never been suspended and there are no warrants out for me).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X