The MQX show in Manchester, NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MQX show in Manchester, NH

Has anyone gone to this? Do they have a lot of vendors? Is any one planning on going in April?
    sigpic

Re: The MQX show in Manchester, NH

Pat, this is my all-time favorite quilt show. DH and I go every year and make a mini-vacation out of it. We stay at the hotel, visit the show and vendor mall during the day and soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool in the evenings. I usually take at least one class. You will see jaw-dropping quilts at this show. I recommend it!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks Cyndi. I am pretty sure I am going to drive down for a day. I live in VT, so it is like a 2 hr drive for me.
      sigpic

Comment

It's well worth a two hour drive! Bring your camera and wear some comfy shoes! Expect to see some great things for sale, too. I always make a list of what I want to buy so I don't spend too much - it's hard not to when there are so many goodies to choose from.
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

I have been there for scrapbook expos. I am looking forward to this it will be the 1st quilt show I go to.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll have to check this out as I'm only two hours away too. I have never been to a show/expo so it could be overwhelming.
            Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by mommiepainter View Post
              I'll have to check this out as I'm only two hours away too. I have never been to a show/expo so it could be overwhelming.
              It actually is overwhelming! These quilts are the best machine quilted quilts from around the country. Be prepared to be amazed. And possibly a bit dazed! Check here for the album I put up from one of the past shows: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...ters-expo.html
              Cyndi

Comment

Cyndi wow those are awesome!
                sigpic

Comment

I went to an int'l show in NH a couple of years ago. Some of the most beautiful quilts ever. All I could say was "how did they do that?" It's a 2 hour drive for me - and there was so much to see -- wished I had another day as it was too much for one. Have not been able to attend another since - family - work schedules (DARN!) Retirement coming end of the year -- maybe -- anything and everything possible.

Comment

I went to the MQX for the first time last year. I took 2 classes and spent a whole day at the show. It's an incredible event! I'm going again this year and taking 2 more classes--one from Leah Day! Very much looking forward to it.
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
                      Pat, this is my all-time favorite quilt show. DH and I go every year and make a mini-vacation out of it. We stay at the hotel, visit the show and vendor mall during the day and soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool in the evenings. I usually take at least one class. You will see jaw-dropping quilts at this show. I recommend it!
                      I just want to go to hang out with Cyndi

Comment

I went to MQX in Portland, Oregon, with my mother in 2013. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. So totally worth it.

In addition to seeing wonderful quilts and lots of goodies to purchase, I was able to take classes from Jamie Wallen and Jerry Granata. Because of their tutelage and encouragement, I hit the ground running. The quilt we made in Jerry's class I finished and won a blue ribbon at our local quilt show!

I also purchased a Janome 8900 at a steal of a deal and have been stitching up a storm ever since.

Go and enjoy.
                        The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

Working...
                        X