Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHRISTMAS PRESENT! NEW SEWING 'SPACE' for 2015!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHRISTMAS PRESENT! NEW SEWING 'SPACE' for 2015!!

Today I finally placed my order for the 'Sewing Armoir' I've been looking at, it'll give me one place to do my quilting (rather than cutting on the DR table, layout on the bed in the MBR and sewing at the kitchen table - meaning all over the house!) It should be delivered in about 10 days!!

91jlG9I6xOL._SL1500_.jpg

Still must clean out/make room in a walk-in closet to keep my quilting supplies, but I'm excited that I'll actually have a "quilting space" in one place even if it's a corner in the MBR.

I know a few folks got new SMs, is anyone planning a new 'sewing space'?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bscuzz; December 31, 2014, 03:11 PM.
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

Re: CHRISTMAS PRESENT! NEW SEWING 'SPACE' for 2015!!

That looks really well organized with a nice layout I think you will love that
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

That unit looks awesome! I think you will love having your own space! I am excited for you!
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

That looks like a nice cabinet! I looked at them years ago, but never bought one.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Congratulations!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm so thrilled for you. I remember how excited I was when we got rid of the old daybed and I got storage cabinets instead. It's been the solution to my stash madness. I hope you love your space as much as I do. I still don't have a design wall and there is not room for one. I figure I've lived all these years without one, so I should be okay. Jeff loves to help me lay out blocks and I love having his input. He says he's going to make a quilt all by himself in 2015. Happy Sewing in your own special space!!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I really like your sewing armoire. Best of luck getting your space organized!
              In the meantime, have fun and a happy 2015!!!
              sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

That is fantastic. Please let me know how you like it. Is it the one from Amazon or did you get it elsewhere? I was thinking that would be a great idea for my granddaughters sewing stuff. That way I could just close it up the days she is not here.

You are going to have a blast doing some new organizing.
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Know you're tickled, looks awesome! And Happy New Year!
                  What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone - I am excited about the cabinet! Not the cleaning out, but I'll put on some music, pour myself a glass of wine and pretend I'm having a good time - maybe with 2 glasses of wine, I will be having a good time!!! At least I have 10 days to get ready!

Bubby, I've been thinking about a 'design wall' - I have such creative ideas when I can't fall asleep at night - course most of them seem to fizzle in the light of day!?!? Anyway, maybe a design wall could be made kinda like a window shade that you can raise or lower in a space that otherwise wouldn't work, even over a window. Naturally I've never had one so maybe raising and lowering isn't such a great idea if it needs to be used all the time - see there, fizzling already!! Also no chance my Mr will be making a quilt, he's supportive enough, but more of a look over your shoulder, give advice 'n his opinion on layout kinda guy.

Karen, yes it's fm Amazon - I did a little research on the diff vendors. Some are less $, but mine is extremely reasonable and the reviews on functionality are good, maybe the ext finish won't be ideal - but nothing is ideal.

I'm lookin' forward to 'real' quilting in 2015, so wish me luck!
                    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOOD HEALTH TO ALL!!
                    Last edited by bscuzz; December 31, 2014, 07:51 PM.

~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                    "B"

Comment

Nice. Merry Christmas.

Comment

How nice. I love those kind of cabinets where you can fold everything up and out of site when you need to. I think that is an excellent use of space.
                        Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Great space, you'll love it!

Comment

You are going to LOVE having a designated place for your sewing and quilting. Someone I know made a portable design wall. I'll try to contact her and find out what she used to put it together.
                            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post
                              You are going to LOVE having a designated place for your sewing and quilting. Someone I know made a portable design wall. I'll try to contact her and find out what she used to put it together.
                              Thanks Sylvia, I'm getting excited! Maybe the closet clean-out won't be so bad. I'm so new at this, I may not need a design wall right away, but if/when I do, I'll definitely have to be creative, so any info/ideas will be welcome.

Hope plans for your daughter's wedding are going well and Happy New Year to you and yours!

"B"

Comment

Working...
                              X