X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mommadeb
    replied
    Re: Takesie-Backsies

The quilt is finished and delivered!!! It is actually pink, hot pink, lavender and dark violet.

Marta1 (640x480).jpg2014-12-19 14.58.25 - Copy (480x640).jpg

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

Today was good and safe!!! The spell has been broken.

Oh, bscuzz, we can buy fish from work. I just bought 9kg of cod filets for about $60. The filets are about 16" long each and thick. Nammi namm!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the comedy support. I laughed reading every one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

Deb, do you need me to come down there and surround you in bubblewrap? Worst you go do then is go "pop".

Leave a comment:

• bscuzz
    replied

My Mr. has this saying he uses if the Grands are misbehaving or someone describes a problem child to him or some such dilemma - "tie 'em to the radiator"!! I think the source of this saying is that his dad'd dad ,from the 'old' country, as in Italy, actually did tie his dad to the radiator!! Anyway, Deb, I think you need to tie yourself to the radiator just for the protection!?!?!? Wouldn't mind a care pkg of some of those 'fish filets' you were jabbing yourself for?!?!?! I'm really am trying to be sympathetic here, but my love of "s e a f o o d" just kinda took over my thought process!!!!! "B"

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

I'm going to take a hot shower and go to bed and listen to the very windy storm outside. I'm glad that I can laugh at these kinds of days. I don't look at them as 'bad' days, just extremely crazy days.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Wow Deb..........maybe sitting on the couch isn't safe enough.........maybe you should carefully lay down cover up with a comfy quilt and rest.......don't quilt.......don't cook supper........don't walk around......just lay there and rest.

Sure hope tomorrow is better.

Leave a comment:

• DMac
    replied

Good grief you're having an "interesting" couple of days. Your first day made me laugh, your second all I can say is OUCH! I think you need a break- some mindless tv is in order. Right now there seem to be an endless stream of holiday movies if you're into that kind of thing. Hope the week gets WAY better.

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

Oh girls-the saga continues....

I did finish the two dish rags without further incident last night.

Today, oh boy. For some reason I woke up in an incredibly foul and sour mood. Oh well, shook it off (I thought) and went to work. I work in fish processing on the filet/deboning line. Well, I must have forgot to take the sack off my head because I almost cut myself once and poked the knife into my fingers three times. No blood, just pokes. Then I went to empty my gross gut pan and we always walk under our water jet machine. Well, I didn't duck enough this one time and WHAM! Hit my head on the underside of it. Got a pretty good rectangle shaped bump.

TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER. I know it. DH is working 2nd shift tonight so I'm vegetating in front of the tv.

Oh, I'm not touching that quilt tonight either....

Carrie J: diaper change please!!!
    Last edited by mommadeb; December 8th, 2014, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bscuzz
    replied

You could always add to your quilt label - "when I made this quilt I was having a bad day, imagine if I was having a good day!!" Your quilt will be "wonderful" in the end and this addition to your label (just kidding) only speaks to the awesome work you do!! You did accomplish something quite spectacular on your 'bad day', you made us all laugh cause we've all been there and can now see the humor in it! "B"

Leave a comment:

• Juliet Taylor
    replied

I admit I started laughing too But only because I felt I'm not alone! I had a similar morning some weeks ago, while measuring stuff was not going ro be right because... I don't know why but I just kept making mistakes until my husband found me crying on my WIP quilt

You're funny! And I like your attitude! But as our husbands say "Sometimes it's better to take a break and just do something else"... possibly totally unrelated!

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

When that happens to me, I just sit on the couch and watch reruns all day long. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you

Leave a comment:

• LRM
    replied

I recently had a border that was too short and I added cornerstones. Problem solved. Or you could put a small block in the center and everyone would think you were so clever to think of that.

I hate when my high motivation days turn into terrible, no good, very bad days. The chocolate and soda is the trick!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

You poor baby! Hope the next sewing session goes more smoothly than this last one did! My late husband always went by the rule " measure twice, cut once". I usually turned that around, so I've been in your situation more than once! Now I cut matching borders out at the same time, so at least the borders are the right size! I would just ease in a 1/2"! No problem!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

You did the right thing by walking away (without tripping!)...lol! I hope things go better for you when you try again.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

Deb, you've had quite a morning! A wise woman has this in her signature on a particular quilting forum Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” Just keep laughing and holding it together wise lady!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X