Mine Craft almost finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Craft almost finished!

It has been so long since I have posted here or even stopped in to read, honestly. Life seems just plain crazy most days. I wanted to share with everyone that I am almost finished with my son's Mine Craft Quilt. I am soooooooo excited! I am going to finish it up to the final stitching of the boarder and then stick it in the closet. That way when he asks if it is finished I can honestly tell him, "No." LOL I just received the fabric for my daughters Barn Yard Bats today and have it pre washed and ready to iron. I am hoping to get them both finished before Christmas so I can stick them under the tree but that is pretty fast work for me so we will see.

We are also in the process of doing some touch up work on our house so we can put it on the market. We need to sell and try to get into something without a payment. We are doing ok with the payment right now but in 4-5 yrs our income will drop majorly and we at that time won't be able to keep it up. This has been a very heart wrenching thing for us. It is the only home my two youngest know. We have lived here for almost 25 yrs and put so much work into this house plus with my MCS, it is safe for me. Finding another home isn't filled with chemicals is a major challenge. I would appreciate any prayers along this line as those prayers in this group think of me.

I pray you are all having a marvelously wonderful fall.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Re: Mine Craft almost finished!

I can't wait to see a photo of the quilt! My son is a big minecraft fan too!
    Last edited by LoveMyMachines; October 31st, 2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Sandy I am in the process of sewing on the binding of my second Mind Craft "Creeper" quilt. Looks like there will be quite a few of these quilts as Christmas gifts this year. I have two grandsons who are into this game. At least they were quick and easy to do.

Comment

I'm praying for you! Transition is a very stressful thing.
        My friends call me Peggy
        The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMyMachines View Post
          I can't wait to see a photo of the quilt! My son is a big minecraft fan too!
          I will post a picture for sure when I get it totally finished. My son has built some amazing thing in Minecraft. It is fun.
          Be blessed,
          Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Lonna View Post
            Sandy I am in the process of sewing on the binding of my second Mind Craft "Creeper" quilt. Looks like there will be quite a few of these quilts as Christmas gifts this year. I have two grandsons who are into this game. At least they were quick and easy to do.
            Lonna, the one I am making isn't the creeper but a multitude of 'characters'. I have been working on it now for over a year but I don't get much sewing time. I will be very glad to be finished with it and DON'T intend to make another. LOL
            Be blessed,
            Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyM View Post
              I'm praying for you! Transition is a very stressful thing.
              Thank you very much, Peggy. It has been stressful. I have very low energy most days because of the MCS and some days just thinking of all that needs to take place and the finances that it is going to take puts me in tears. I then have to back up and get myself grounded in the Word once again.
              Be blessed,
              Sandy

Comment

As we all know "home" is where the heart is and I have no doubt it will be over flowing over with heart and love the moment you spend your first night in your new home. Lots of strength and prayers coming your way. Please post pictures I would love to see the finished quilt.
                The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Comment

Originally posted by Terry L View Post
                  As we all know "home" is where the heart is and I have no doubt it will be over flowing over with heart and love the moment you spend your first night in your new home. Lots of strength and prayers coming your way. Please post pictures I would love to see the finished quilt.
                  Thank you Terry. I agree, a home is the people not the building. My son is having difficulty wrapping himself around that though. LOL One of the reasons I want for us to do this now is so we can be making memories in the new place rather than waiting until they are both on their own and have them come home to a truly strange home. Once a sentiment, always a sentiment. LOL

I will be posting pics for sure of both quilts.
                  Be blessed,
                  Sandy

Comment

Sandy - it is good to hear from you. I'm glad you haven't given up quilting and I can't wait to see the finished Minecraft quilt. I also understand your need to be sure you are in a mortgage free home by the time you retire and I know it weighs on your heart to give up the home your family has lived in for so many years. When I go to New England to visit my family, even after all these years (47), I always feel strange driving past my childhood home knowing that it is occupied by strangers. I still refer to it as my home because it was the only one I ever lived in until I married. I also know how important it is to you to find a home that is chemical free for your family. I will definitely send prayers your way that everything goes smoothly.

Glad you stopped in to let us know how you are doing.
                    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Sandy, adding my prayers for you too. It is not easy to leave a home where so much of life has happened.....but better to do it when you can rather than forced to. And you are so right...doing it now will mean there will be happy memories in the new home too.
                      Sandy B.
                      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma G View Post
                        Sandy - it is good to hear from you. I'm glad you haven't given up quilting and I can't wait to see the finished Minecraft quilt. I also understand your need to be sure you are in a mortgage free home by the time you retire and I know it weighs on your heart to give up the home your family has lived in for so many years. When I go to New England to visit my family, even after all these years (47), I always feel strange driving past my childhood home knowing that it is occupied by strangers. I still refer to it as my home because it was the only one I ever lived in until I married. I also know how important it is to you to find a home that is chemical free for your family. I will definitely send prayers your way that everything goes smoothly.

Glad you stopped in to let us know how you are doing.
                        Thanks, Gerri. No I haven't given it up, just so little time it seems. I had grand intentions to sew this week end but........ I did get the fabric for my daughters quilt ironed so I will be able to start work on the cutting of it. I have 4 more seams and the mine craft will be ready to bind. Hopefully I will be able to get it into the closet without my son seeing it. I think I am going to start closing my bedroom door and turning on some music when I sew. LOL
                        Be blessed,
                        Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Over40momma View Post
                          Sandy, adding my prayers for you too. It is not easy to leave a home where so much of life has happened.....but better to do it when you can rather than forced to. And you are so right...doing it now will mean there will be happy memories in the new home too.
                          Thanks, Sandy. I am really working at not stressing over it all. With MCS it isn't going to be easy to find a house that won't make me sicker. We have looked at 4 but non of them were an option. I have decided no more looking until we are ready to list our house. Thinking that will be about the first of Feb.

I really appreciate the prayers.
                          Be blessed,
                          Sandy

Comment

Working...
                          X