aquarium sand for chicken pin cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aquarium sand for chicken pin cushion

Guy at Pet Smart suggested it instead of other fillers. It's less expensive than some others and comes in smaller quantities. I purchased some but was wondering if anyone tried sand in theirs.

Re: aquarium sand for chicken pin cushion

Sounds good. Maybe it can be mixed with walnut shells. Save a bit of momey, especially if making a bunch.
    :icon_happy:Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Re: aquarium sand for chicken pin cushion

I had a pincushion / caddy that was gifted to me many years ago. I ended up 'deconstructing' it to make a new one and the pincushion part was filled with sand that appeared to have come from someone's sand box. I think new aquarium sand would probably be a better option. The cushion in question did have a muslin liner to give an extra layer of protection from sand leakage.

The nice thing about the sand is, it adds weight to keep them from wandering off. I have also used corduroy on the bottom of cushions to help them hold on to fabric surfaces, like the arm of our couch, or my pant leg if I'm using it in while traveling.

Another think: If the pin cushion in question is being made as a gift, let the recipient know if it has walnut shells as filling. Some folks are very allergic.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
      X