New toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy...

I'm going to spend the weekend petting my shiny new sewing/embroidery machine! Got the Brother 6000 that I have lusting after since it came out!

This thiis thing will even do a 1/4 inch seam by itself...just have to guide the fabric.

Hope I don't sound to braggy (is that even a word?). I just don't having sewing friends that would appreciate the thrill of a new sewing machine.
    ~Shannon~

Women are Angels ...
    And when someone breaks our wings...
    we simply continue to fly...
    on a broomstick...

We are flexible....

Re: New toy...

I'm so happy for you . I look forward to seeing all the "lovelies" you produce with your wonderful Brother.
    I have an older model Brother. It's a wonderful machine.

Comment

I'm happy for you, too! I remember the thrill of getting my first dream machine (a Singer Athena, their first electronic machine). May you make many gorgeous quilts with your new baby!!!! Imagine a machine that can do a 1/4" seam...awesome......Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Have fun with you new machine! Do tell me if you still like it after a while and post also the negative sides of it. As I don't know this machine, and I want to buy a new sewing/quilting machine, is this one also able to quilt? Would appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance.
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Yea for you! Can't wait to see your projects.
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

We love bragging!

Signed: The Queen of Brag!

Oh, and congratulations on your new 'baby'. We love hearing about new acquisitions.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

We can all share in the joy of your new machine! It's like having a baby, a new addition to the home! Enjoy it and have fun playing with it this weekend.
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Ha ha Sandy! We posted at the exact same time and both called the new machine a baby!!!!
                When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congratulations on your new machine. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

I just wish I could justify buying a new sewing machine. I am not sewing enough to justify the cost.
                  I am a "Wanna Be Quilter"! I have only made 2 baby quilts, but hope someday to make a Patriotic Themed one for my bed.
                  Pat

Comment

Congratulations - brag all you want. Can't wait to see the beauties you churn out on her.

Hugs,
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh I know the feeling of joy and excitement you are having....I bought a smaller version of yours a couple of years ago. It's like it almost does it all by itself. I have a brother Innovis 900D. I just love it compared to the old metal clunker I was using.

Congrats!!
                      Alana
                      To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                      alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Congratulations!!! Brag away..love to hear the excitement of someone with a new toy. It is always fun getting a new machine and even more fun playing with it. Enjoy and hope to see you quilts soon.
                        Susan

Comment

Thank you everyone.... I just knew you all would understand my giddiness
                          ~Shannon~

Women are Angels ...
                          And when someone breaks our wings...
                          we simply continue to fly...
                          on a broomstick...

We are flexible....

Comment

It is not bragging....it is sharing! We love hearing the joys each other get from quilting and understand all the challenges it brings as well. Congrats! let us know how it is working after you have it a while

Comment

Congrats on your new baby!
                              Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Working...
                              X