Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend!

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend and are staying indoors out of the heat. I am headed to our ranch today and will stay through next weekend. Oh! I just can't wait! I'll be quilting, quilting, quilting! Of course, that is after I paint the kitchen and clean the house. But, my kitchen is mostly windows so there's very little wall space to paint. I'll be on my own so will be able to get a lot done.

What are you doing this weekend???

Re: Weekend!

Going to my husband's hunt camp with another couple for a couple of days. No hydro, no phone, no computer. Just sit back and relax and get some fishing in.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Going to camp on a lake. No phone, no internet. Going to build a rain garden.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

283028_10150252113903801_554488800_7355562_433833_s.jpg

Whether the weather be cold,
        Whether the weather be hot.
        We'll weather the weather,
        whatever the weather.
        Whether we like it or not!

Am I the only one staying home this weekend? I was hoping to get started on a new project, but hubby has plans on yard work. Its been so hot, my grass is dying, but the weeds are still growing. We'll have to get up at dawn, if we want to beat some of the heat.

Stay hydrated and cool everyone!!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Expecting a quiet weekend. I'll be doing some 4H judging but that
          s it.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Will be tiling in the mud room.....hanging cabinets in the basement.....sorting and restocking the bathroom cabinets....cleaning, cooking, baking, laundry. Like Mary, staying home and working on projects....just not sewing and quilting projects...home improvements! We have 4 rooms in disarray and simultaneous projects going. My job is anything I can do to keep this train a chugging and get as many projects completed as we can! Summer is running out! YIKES!

Comment

I thought my plans were to spend hours on the mower, but it's raining now (desperately needed), and I just may have to stay in and QUILT!!!!!!! I wish you all a safe and happy weekend....Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Ugh, we have to go grocery shopping sometime this weekend. I hate grocery shopping.
                I hope to get some work done on my projects too, maybe even start a new project.
                Nancy Wilkins
                My Blog
                My Pinterest
                My Etsy Store

Comment

My weekend schedule has flip-flopped. Saturday I'll be home and Sunday I'll be helping with a training session.
                  I am digging out the milk machine and getting that up and running. It isn't as peaceful as hand milking, but it sure is faster and easier on my hands.
                  I hope to get the last couple of diaper bags top-stitched. Then I need to finished the backing piece for Em's zebra quilt. I want to take that with me as a hand quilting project on a weekend trip coming up.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh yeah - I am home this weekend - stitchin'. Made 3 small quilt as you go table mats last night - took longer than I thought. They are like a mug mat, but mine are about 9 inches long and 7 inches high. Did the way where you put the backing face up, lay down a piece of batting, then a strip in the center right sides up and sew strips to either side. So it's quilted when you get to the ends. Then just put a binding on. Turned out cute. Now am working on hand quilting a baby quilt for my girlfriend and will put the binding on for her so when I see her next weekend, it's ready to go.
                    I would LOVE to go to a camp where there is no phone or internet. Or go to the beach. My two favorite places - camp in the mountains or a beachhouse. Neither of which I have or can afford. I can always close my eyes though and dream.
                    Guess I could always clean the bathrooms too. Want to paint the main one sometime in August but haven't decided on a color yet. I'm thinking some hue of yellow.
                    Hang in there with the heat - it can't last forever.
                    Hugs,
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hoping NOT to have to leave the house all weekend. Everyone please cross your fingers for me!!

Barb - send showers, rain, clouds, mild wind . . . .

Everyone who is headed to camp please have a great time.

Everyone who is working on anything other than quilting, have a great time.

Everyone who may be lucky enough to quilt, have a great time!!
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

come to Luxembourg and you'll be staying indoors too, but only because it is raining and rather cold.
                        Get a lot done in the quilting area and have a relaxing weekend.
                        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

DH and I are heading out on the boat in the morning, spending the day and night on the lake...it's so peaceful at night on the lake as long as you stay away from "party-cove"! Almost finished with the red, white and black D9P, I am just doing a grid pattern quilting. Probably won't get back to it until next wednesday (ugh)! I hate it when I'm so close to finishing one and have to wait several days to finally get it done! Oh well! Hope everyone has a great weekend...keep cool!
                          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Working...
                          X