• Sue31
    replied
    Re: BLOCK

Thanks so much for the great idea! Never would have thought of that myself

Leave a comment:

• Cfrankl
    replied

Now that is a great idea, I used to do it with my Stampin Up Catalogues, why didn't I think of it for my quilt books??

Leave a comment:

• mooveenut57
    replied

what a GREAT idea! I have a spiral binding machine here at work. I just finished binding my BLOCK magazines and I LOVE IT!! Thanks for the tip

Leave a comment:

• sewitseams
    replied

Yes, I too, have my favorite books spiral bound. I really like the way they lay flat while I am working on a project. The only draw back ... I have found that I like the white spirals so I can write them name of the book or publication down the side. If the spiral is black, I have not found a way to mark them. It is worth it :-)

Leave a comment:

• Vickie1965
    replied

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Just reminded me too, that I haven't yet received my Block, hmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• GrandmaE
    replied

I just love the great ideas that everyone so generously shares. This is just a fabulous way to preserve and yet make the books more user friendly.

Leave a comment:

• MBCA
    replied

Great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

I love this idea! Looks like I'll be making a trip to Staples soon.

Leave a comment:

• quiltsRfun
    replied

It also makes it easier to photocopy a page for personal use. That way I can keep the sheet with my project, make notes and still have the original intact.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by kensington View Post
    Did they laminate each page?
    I do this with my quilting books that are being used for classes throughout the year. They laminate only the covers, if you wish, not the inside pages. The price varies depending on the number of pages in the item they are binding. It is nice to have them lie nice and flat. If I got my BLOCK in paper form, I'd do this, but I read mine on my iPad.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Did they laminate each page?

Leave a comment:

• carolynrae
    replied

Good idea, thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

It was mentioned on the forum before but deserves mentioning again. I have got to do this with my Block books and seceral others I treasure. Best idea for these types of books so they do not get damaged.

Leave a comment:

• Abbie56
    started a topic BLOCK

BLOCK

If you've covered this before, forgive me for repeating.

I value books and purchase only those I intend to use. Although not an original idea, I'm happy to report that I took my Block publications to my local print store and had them spiral bound with laminated covers! I am able to open them completely and they lay flat. The process didn't damage any of the printing and cost about $5/book.
    Attached Files
Working...
X