X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris48
    replied
    Re: Request Video Question??

I should watched Jenny's video before I posted the above comment but the difference I can in her video and the link for the Itty Bitty Twister is that the Twister is a pieced pinwheel instead of the solid blade pinwheel Jenny shows how to do. Because you place the template over the seam of joining blocks, you cut a block that has fabric from each of the blocks. The one thing you have to careful what order the blocks are sewn back together to get the pinwheel. As I cut the blocks I stacked them in the order I cut, then I started at the top of the stack working to the bottom to sew a row together; then when I sewed each row the blades formed into pinwheels. Its almost like seeing a puzzle come together. Chris
    Last edited by Chris48; July 3, 2011, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris48
    replied

Hi! I'm working on one of the quilts right now. I had a auto glass/plexiglas shop cut plexiglas templates for me because I wanted smaller templates than what I could find for sale. I work on preemie quilts for the area hospitals and the quilts need to about 30" so the 5" and 10" templates would too large.
    If I answer any questions I would be glad to help. I cut 4" blocks and used the 3" templates. Next one I make might cut 5" blocks and use the 4" templates. It's been alot of fun seeing the blocks are transformed into pinwheels! I'll try posting a picture when I get the top a little bit further along. Chris

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

You're welcome. I looked at the link..... it's a pretty quilt...... I think I saw a quilt similar to that one on the wall behind Jenny in this tutorial:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JliXpyiYE

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied

Thank you Mia!!!!!!
    Some call the block Itty Bitty Twister or Twister.
    I found this web site

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com...lt-part-1.aspx

The block looks cool to me. And fun to do!!

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

You can always ask. In fact, Jenny has asked for input for her new series (Quilting Quickly 3). The thread is called, "Ideas". And you can check you tube. Often someone has posted tutorials and you may find the block you want there. What is it called?
    Either way, best of luck ....

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    started a topic Request Video Question??

Request Video Question??

I was wondering if we can request a how to video?? There is a quilt block I would love to see how it is made. Or an easier why to make the block?
Working...
X