Joann's Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joann's Sale

If anyone is new like me, and needs basic tools, Joann's will have quilting and sewing cutting tools on sale for 50% off July 1 - 4. The ad shows a pic with rotary cutters and a cutting mat.

Re: Joann's Sale

I'm needing a larger new cutting matt...that was already on my radar! Joann's here I come in the morning!
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

We have a local Joann's store which is closing and moving to a new location. They started a liquidation sale last week and I could not resist stocking up on good quilting fabric at deep discounts. If you buy the remaining fabric on a bolt, no matter how much is on it, you get it at 75% off the original price. I just bought some beautiful premium quilt fabric for $2.50/yd. They are also selling all their shelving, carts, furniture etc. I bought some wire shelving baskets and some solid wood 1 inch diameter, 62" long dowel rods they use for displaying large bolts of decorator fabric. The rods were only 10 cents each! I think they will work great for displaying quilts...either thru a hanging sleeve or by draping the quilts over the rods. I LOVE a good sale!!
      Linda
      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

They just revamped the little J's closer to our house. I think they reduced the fabric selection by about half. It is much less attractive now. They made the center shelves much higher. I'm afraid I'll bonk myself or somebody else on the head when pulling down bolts now. I wish they had just left it at giving everything a fresh coat of paint and upgrading the cash register.

I saw the sale on the rotary cutting mats too. I think I'm going to check out a new one for my cutting table as I have cut the markings off of the surface of mine. If I remember correctly there is also an additional 10% off coupon on the back flap for those days too. I'll have to check the fine print but you may get them for 60% off if you wag that one in with you!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

one thing about Joann's.. they are really tricky with the fine print on those coupons! I think there was a 10% off total purchase one in the paper this week. Yay, notions galore!!
          ~Shannon~

Women are Angels ...
          And when someone breaks our wings...
          we simply continue to fly...
          on a broomstick...

We are flexible....

Comment

Makes me wonder who owns these Joann's? They moved the one in Harrisburg to a different location a few years ago and there is so much stuff in there now that I don't hardly ever go in there. Now, the one by my Dad's, they revamped that whole store too and it's the same thing - so much stuff and moved everything around, I had a hard time finding sewing machine needles! They were over here and over there by brand - just put them all together so one can compare prices. I didn't see anything marked down at either place before they got their new digs. I would have bought some of those wire baskets for sure! Sounds like you got some gigantic deals, Sewbee.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I've been waiting for this sale. I had a list and coupons and totally took advantage of it. I came away with nearly $100 in savings and barely spent that. So many things were 50% off, including books (I got the Farmer's wife sampler...eek!), cutting supplies, fat quarters, flannel, pillow forms, thread, and all the quilting fabric was 30% off. Really, really pleased with the sale, so I recommend getting in there before it's all picked through!
              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I'm new to all this, so I was strong and brave today. I only bought a rotary cutter and one replacement blade. I've sewed for years so I have tons of material and scraps I'm going to try to use before I buy any new fabric. But I was surely tempted by all the lovely prints on sale.

Comment

Snagged me a whole bolt of featherweight interfacing at 50% off today. Whooo Hooo! Seems that stuff just disappears around here. Congrats SewBee on your sales! I saw online a sewing room, where the lady hung a rod and using skirt hangars hung a ton of lightly folded quilts to store. I am sure for that price, you will think of many things to do with those rods!
                  Our J's has less and less fabric and more and more crafts. We have very few places left to purchase fabric around here!
                  SummerK----can't wait to see your take on the Farmer's Wife quilt. I have it and love it.....but I have had some trouble with the templates not being as accurate as they need to be. Maybe it is me, but one block I have made several times and it doesn't match up as it should. I will look up which one..........when you get into it and let's see what I am doing wrong! I am sure you will have no problems.....probably just me!
                  Buggain OK--I didn't go in.....sent my daughter.....with the list....much safer and cheaper. I have little will power when it comes to fabric and I need no more at this point!

Comment

Suzy, I would love that! I actually plan to do it with the quilt-a-long-ers out there in blog land. Two blocks (or so) a week...that way it's not overwhelming.

Btw, I would LOVE to see a picture of your quilt!
                    Last edited by SummerK; July 1, 2011, 06:44 PM. Reason: Suzy doesn't have a pic of her Farmer's Wife quilt on her profile!
                    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Sounds like great investments in a wonderful hobby. Sales on tools and storage units are always fun and fabric is just a no brainer, thanks.

Comment

Well, that was a bust!
                        I did buy a new cutting mat, but apparently I needed a 30"x36" mat. So it goes back tomorrow. Grrr. I really didn't want to buy the jumbo one that is 36x70", but that looks like the only one that will fit the table top. I'll call the one closer to us to see if they have one in stock. It is smaller and recently redone, so who knows.
                        They did not have any Olfa 28mm rotary blades either. The smallest ones they had were 45mm. I don't know if you can switch blade brands, does anybody?
                        On the upside, my daughter has a new purple foam tiara that she adores.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Summer---sorry to disappoint, but no quilt finished yet. I, too, started by making 2 blocks a month and making 2 of each.....to complete 2 possible quilts.....not there yet! Great way to use up scraps. Do you have a website addy of those quilt-a-longers? Might give me insight in my block mishap!
                          Cathy----sorry it wasn't the sale of your dreams and didn't have what you were looking for. I don't think you can switch blades/brands. Let me know if you can, if anyone knows! Would they give you a raincheck, since they were out? Congrats on the tiara! It takes so little to make those kiddos happy.....wish mine were still small!

Comment

I LUV HOLIDAY SALES!!!
                            for those who still hav enot taken advantage of another good SALE..
                            it still going on until Tomorrow Mon July 4th!

I too did a killing yesterday on the Fat Quarter Bundels and picked up a baby quilt minni book,
                            All for less than $50.
                            I even went back cause I forgot something and STILL! didn't top my Max spending...
                            Not to mention the Additional 10% Off Coupon at register...Wooo-Whoooo!!

~I Amaze MYSELF sometimes~

I think We are SEW-LUKY to live in a Country were basically "Everything is at our Fingertips".
                            Seriously.... There are Sew-Many choices we can pick and chose from.
                            We are Xtremely and Trully BLESSED.
                            Ohh!!
                            And not to forget our "Jenny" for the FREE time she gives us and all those "WONDERFUL" Videos
                            she makes for Us !
                            It's like getting a Special Free Coupon Every-Day.

~Thank-U~ XOXOX

Trish..... You Need a Buddy to hang out at the JF Store to worder around for a few hours...
                            just checking out the new Layout of the isles ....LOL

Congrats Gurlz---For your newly aquired Toys/Gifts/Collection.
                            Last edited by oldgurl4; July 3, 2011, 12:12 PM.
                            :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Too bad they don't take Canadian orders...
                              :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                              X