Very sad tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad tonight

Thsi morning one of my on-line friends passed away. She was so sweet and thoughful and cheery - and we had been chatting daily for months. I'm mentioning it here because she had had the foresight to make sure a family member could locate a phone list of her personal chat grooup. If it's not something you have given thought to, would you please? If something were to happen to you, we'd want to know. I am going to make a list for my daugher of my on-line addresses - like here - so she could contact you if needed.
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Re: Very sad tonight

Aww Quilt Vader - I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. We become connected so closely on these quilting groups and I think that is a great idea that you have put out there for us. I have scattered notes here and there about my different groups - user names and passwords - even for sites that aren't quilty. Like Amazon, for instance. You know, you sign up for something and jot down the information on the closest piece of paper you have on hand and then find it months later. I do have a 3 ring binder where I've started to compile them. It is on my list for the New Year to get them ALL together for the family to use. And saves me time looking for them.

I'll say a prayer for your friend's family. I'm glad you were able to be notified.

Hugs,
    quilting trish
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

That is great advice. Sorry you lost your friend.
      Michele

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that... HUGS to you... May you find peace...
        "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

That is very sad. so sorry to hear.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I do have some online quilting friends who I chat with almost daily. I just can not imagine this would happen to them or myself. Did you know of her Phone number or something and that brought you this news this time? Since I live outside USA, I know none of their phone numbers. I have to think about ths. Thanks for the good thought.

dillydally

Comment

Thank you. Several of us are in a chat group where we talk every day and sometimes even several! Charlene did not have any idea this was coming - but had left a list of her online friends and the groups that should be advised if anything happened to her. She and her husband had been ill and we had JUST made quilts for each of them - but nothing like this was expected. We had just chatted at 1 in the morning before she left us forever.
              I suggest we all make lists of inmportant things, like how to contact the on-line friends! for that 'just in case' situation. YOU do have friends who would be devasted if you just disappeared and no one knowing to let you know.
              I have mine almost done..

Comment

So sorry, QuiltVader.
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Sorry for your loss of a good friend. It is always a tough thing to deal with loss of anyone who is dear to us. Blessing to their family and yours.
                  Happy Quilting
                  Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Losing a friend sometimes is just as hard as losing someone in your family. I lost my best friend when I was in 4th grade in school. She had a brain anurism. My parents were close to her parents. I had all four of them worried as I went through it.

I keep all the websites that I am a member if in a Rolodex. I write the webpage address and my username and password on each card, just like you would keep one for phone contacts. I have always done this because of my own forgetfulness. I never thought of someone using it in this way. I would hope that my husband would let you know what happened (if something would happen to me) so that you do not worry. I will tell him that he better give it to my mom if something were to happen to me (hopefully not). She would know how to use it. My husband is pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. It took me forever to teach him how to check his bank account.
                    My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

I am warmed by your thoughtful replies.. I am especially pleased that the reminder to leave info for others to use 'just in case' regarding your on-line community has been helpful. As in the passing of friend Charlene, had her husband not known all about her family of friends - we would have been in the dark and wondering ... ?'

Comment

Working...
                      X