Local Quilt Shop Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Quilt Shop Sale

My nearest quilt shop is about 30 minutes away; it's where I first realized there really is a huge difference in quality quilt fabric.
    Anyyyway, today was their tenth anniversary and they had a store wide 40% off sale to celebrate. They (three partners) only have two sales per year....one in December and this one in June. Alas, I don't know how to tell a short story... sorry. The store opened at 9:30 and when I arrived about 9:20.... there was a long line (to my amazement) waiting to get inside. I must have been about the 30th person in the line. I was truly surprised to find so many ladies waiting. I had a great time shopping and since I'm the "pre-cut queen", I purchased 2 layer cakes and 2 fat quarter bundles as well as Best Press and much needed needles. Was so much fun and I met the nicest ladies (both standing in line and shopping.)

I hope you all had a great Saturday ....
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Local Quilt Shop Sale

Mia, you lucky duck, sounds like you had a wonderful time and scooped up some great bargains. Good for you!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thanks Deb...... I did feel blessed today...... I met some lovely ladies who felt like instant friends. Here's one example: As I walked from the shop across the street to my car, two ladies who'd just parked their car next to mine laughingly said, "Hey whats in the bag? Did you get something pretty?" I felt as if they were about to peek inside the red tote bag (which was free today) and it would have been perfectly fine if they had. Hugggs
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

Comment

I think quilters are in a whole a warm, fun, group of people (have to include the men here as well).
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

You know what's funny, I do think that 'feeling' of friendship and 'knowing' someone comes when like minds gather. There's something about people who share the same interests. If I may, several years ago Al and I attended a huge auction many miles from here. It was the sale of a well-known woodworking store in the area as they went out of business. They were so well-known that they tried to centralize the auction to bring in all their clients from a great distance. We spent two days there, bidding against and enjoying the camaraderie. When we finally approached the cashiers to check out I overheard one of them say to the other: "This is the greatest auction I've ever worked at. These people are so pleasant and kind. It is so much better than being yelled at and abused like we are at general auctions . . . ."

The same things applies to the quilters. Only special people are creative, good and kind. We all need to pat ourselves on the back!!

Oh, and congrats, Mia, on getting in on such great deals.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sounds like you had fun and found some great deals, Mia! Sandy I totally agree with you! Quilters are friendly and honest. Each one has their own special talent.
            Susan

Comment

I totally agree, some people talk about their LQS being rude or unfriendly, but the ones I go to, they will talk fabric, patterns, draw out ideas, and the other customers aren't afraid to look through your purchases and ooh and aah and give their opinions or advice.

Comment

You are all right......

I'm learning ..... the more I quilt and associate with quilters .... they are truly a kind and friendly group and they always welcome the new comers. MSQS and this forum is an amazing example. You all have made me feel welcome and part of the group from the first time I posted a message. Thank you... each one of you
                ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                Mia

Comment

Cudos Mia. Feels great when you hit a sale huh? Sandy you are so right. I myself love all the people here in this forum. This is my first and only forum that I belong to. All the wonderful people on this site just feel like family to me. I "keep in touch" daily here, more than I do with my real family. LOL!! You all know what goes on in my life on a daily basis. (Whether you want to or knot )
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yes it really did, Monique. I too spend lots of time here on the forum....and I love it
                    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                    Mia

Comment

Working...
                    X