X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zenkitty
    replied
    Re: Ideas

I'd like to see something about using all the different fusibles...what is good for what project. There's so many!

Leave a comment:

• mlt150
    replied

Jenny ,

As a beginner, I find reading quilting patterns to be very difficult. I think that is why I am so thankful you have made quilting 1 and 2 so I can just watch how to do a project. I would appreciate learning how to read and use a pattern.

Leave a comment:

• Katherine Vickery Ringo
    replied

How to add setting triangles to any quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Breesy
    replied

Hi Jenny,

I just purchased your first class set and I've watched it at least 3 times. You have a wonderful gift for teaching! I would like to see a little bit on hand quilting if possible. I know you said you hand quilt some items for your grand children.

I would also love to see one on how to correct mistakes or how to work mistakes into something else.
    I love the idea of cutting tips and tricks too.

Thanks again for making these classes available!

Leave a comment:

• Alana
    replied

I just thought of something else. I am one of those who puts back and batting together on the floor unfortunately....but choosing, piecing and attaching the backing and batting to the quilt top would be very helpful for me....backing sizes aren't always available to match the quilt you may be doing, so how to put a backing together or even a pattern on the backing would really be helpful.....

Alana

Leave a comment:

• Alana
    replied

Applique and machine quilting would be great....especially the applique part......um...I have Quilting Quickly I and II...what other coarses are there???

Alana.....Curious from the great white north....

Leave a comment:

• JVO
    replied

Lots of great ideas here, I agree with applique, I can not get the stitches right going around curves and points. Cutting large pieces of fabric. You buy 2 yards of material how do you lay it out so it is straight. Machine quilting on a normal sewing machine.

Leave a comment:

• jfleckal
    replied

Hi again, what is the trick to "setting on point" I am always afraid of all those tips coming together.

Leave a comment:

• jfleckal
    replied

I have taken both classes and love them. I go over them with my computer sitting next to my machine at times! Applique is one thought and putting colors together is one of those areas that seems like a black hole to me. Machine quilting techniques would also help. How about a quick lesson on pillows or shams? Maybe that would just be a quick tutorial. I don't seem to know how to figure converting sizes for blocks in a pattern to use precut Jelly Rolls instead of other given sizes or charm packs instead of a say 5 1/2 size. I've used lots of graph paper!

Leave a comment:

• Katherine Vickery Ringo
    replied

Paper piecing!

Leave a comment:

• wendyw1
    replied

Hi Jenny, I agree with all the above and would like to learn more on borders, color matching, size etc. 'what set's a quilt off!!!'
    Also backing, how to measure and calculate the most economical way.
    cheers Wendy

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied

Hi Jenny, i know you use alot of precuts but maybe some tips about how to read cutting intructions for quilts that are not made of pre cuts? I also like the idea of how to choose fabrics and how to use the color wheel in quilting. Love the classes Thanks so much Louise

Leave a comment:

• Angela Ryerse-Multhaupt
    replied

How about on cutting fabric? Is there a right way and wrong way? The Bias thing really confuses me?? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

There's nothing wrong with foundation piecing.....I've grown quite fond of making small quilts this way. barb

Leave a comment:

• oldgurl4
    replied

Hi Jenny
    Thank-U for asking our inpuT Ooops ...Sorry did I hit your Eyeeee....lol

Any how... I have an Idea....Well it just POPED in My Cabeza(spanish for head)
    I thought that now since there's no School.....
    and.... we all know how we like to pass on skills to our Young ones...annnnnddddd
    Tradition as well.
    "TRADITIOoooN....TRADITION!" I Luv "Fiddler on the Roof"
    I can go On and On the reasons why....
    Anyhowww...
    I remember when I saw you and your Grand Daughter making "History" together.

It was like seen an episode of "Back to the Future"...."You teaching your Younger version on how to quilt" That was so KOOL and ~Very Special~.
    Not to mention the confidence on her face... Speachless.

My point is ...."Kidz Corner"

Have a Happy Weekend...and tell Hubby "HAPPY FATHER's DAY"
    Last edited by oldgurl4; June 18, 2011, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X