Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ideas

There's nothing wrong with foundation piecing.....I've grown quite fond of making small quilts this way. barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

How about on cutting fabric? Is there a right way and wrong way? The Bias thing really confuses me?? Thanks!
      Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi Jenny, i know you use alot of precuts but maybe some tips about how to read cutting intructions for quilts that are not made of pre cuts? I also like the idea of how to choose fabrics and how to use the color wheel in quilting. Love the classes Thanks so much Louise

Comment

Hi Jenny, I agree with all the above and would like to learn more on borders, color matching, size etc. 'what set's a quilt off!!!'
          Also backing, how to measure and calculate the most economical way.
          cheers Wendy
          Wendy
          A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
          https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Paper piecing!
            Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
            Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
            Pinterest

Comment

I have taken both classes and love them. I go over them with my computer sitting next to my machine at times! Applique is one thought and putting colors together is one of those areas that seems like a black hole to me. Machine quilting techniques would also help. How about a quick lesson on pillows or shams? Maybe that would just be a quick tutorial. I don't seem to know how to figure converting sizes for blocks in a pattern to use precut Jelly Rolls instead of other given sizes or charm packs instead of a say 5 1/2 size. I've used lots of graph paper!

Comment

Hi again, what is the trick to "setting on point" I am always afraid of all those tips coming together.

Comment

Lots of great ideas here, I agree with applique, I can not get the stitches right going around curves and points. Cutting large pieces of fabric. You buy 2 yards of material how do you lay it out so it is straight. Machine quilting on a normal sewing machine.
                  JVO

Comment

Applique and machine quilting would be great....especially the applique part......um...I have Quilting Quickly I and II...what other coarses are there???

Alana.....Curious from the great white north....
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

I just thought of something else. I am one of those who puts back and batting together on the floor unfortunately....but choosing, piecing and attaching the backing and batting to the quilt top would be very helpful for me....backing sizes aren't always available to match the quilt you may be doing, so how to put a backing together or even a pattern on the backing would really be helpful.....

Alana
                      Alana
                      To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                      alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I just purchased your first class set and I've watched it at least 3 times. You have a wonderful gift for teaching! I would like to see a little bit on hand quilting if possible. I know you said you hand quilt some items for your grand children.

I would also love to see one on how to correct mistakes or how to work mistakes into something else.
                        I love the idea of cutting tips and tricks too.

Thanks again for making these classes available!

Comment

How to add setting triangles to any quilt!
                          Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                          Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                          Pinterest

Comment

Jenny ,

As a beginner, I find reading quilting patterns to be very difficult. I think that is why I am so thankful you have made quilting 1 and 2 so I can just watch how to do a project. I would appreciate learning how to read and use a pattern.

Comment

I'd like to see something about using all the different fusibles...what is good for what project. There's so many!

Comment

Working...
                              X