Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas

Hi everyone...it's Jenny here and I am gathering ideas for the next session of Quilting Quickly 3. So what would like to see in the next session? Also if any of you taken my other courses, I would love feed back on that also. Thanks in advance for all the help.
    Jenny

Re: Ideas

Hi Jenny,
    I have taken both of your other Quilting Quickly classes and I have watched them both several times. I love the format... where I can ask a specific question and check back later for your answer. You've been a huge help to me and I've thanked you before, but I sincerely appreciate the way you teach and share your knowledge with us.
    As for QQ3, I'd love to learn more about applique. I did watch your two tutorials on applique and I think they'd go well in QQ3 because you have more time to go into details there.
    I have never done any hand quilting, so maybe you could demo that?
    I enjoyed the tote tutorial you did in QQ1, so any projects like that would be fun.
    Okay I know I'm long winded, so I'll shush, lol. I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be awesome. Just please don't quit sharing the little bloopers, they make me smile.
    Good luck with your new QQ, I know we are all eager to sign up for it.
    Big hugs
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I love that you're asking us for input!!

How about a more in-depth demonstration using the turnovers? Tips and tricks of sewing them together, squaring them up and a few layout ideas. My turnovers seem to be multiplying and I dont know what to do with them!
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Hi Jenny..

Im workin on learning how to choose fabrics that go together.. the charm packs, layer cakes and stuff are awsome because its all done for us.. but im trying to learn about pattern sizes, scales, colors, prints and how they all go together to make an more attractive quilt. Anything like that would be awsome.. if you already have something like that I would love to know too.

Love your site.
        Missie

Comment

how about something on correcting mistakes? If you have made a boob there is always the ripping option but............sometimes that spoils the fabric. Do you have any secrets for incorperating an error so it doesnt stand out like a sore thumb? Using pre cuts is a great accuracy solution but we all have yardage we want to use and errors in cutting and measuring happen. I am dyslexic and sadly it does happen to me. fabric is expensive so to save a mistake would be just great for me.
          Blog
          http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Took both classes. Loved them very much. I keep going back to them. For QQ3 how about more about cutting. Keeping it from slipping, accuracy, shortcuts, do you starch first. Fabric - choosing, coordinating, difference between regular cotton and quilters cotton, wash first, etc. I bought the scalloped edge tool but am still too confused about using it; especially if the length of your side isn't exactly what you need. Also if the lenght and width are different lenghts but you want the scallop to look the same???

You are such a great teacher. You make the most difficult things seem possible. Thanks.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi Jenny,
              I love your classes! I would like anything more to do with precuts (esp. turnovers as stated above) and maybe some littler projects - table runners, bags,etc. so that we can use up scrap pieces from jelly rolls and charm packs. Maybe ideas using fat quarters.

I already have a lot of bigger projects thanks to you! You are a great teacher and make everything look so easy!
              Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I LOVE your tutorials - have both the Sympoz although I haven't finished watching the second one. I am one of those people who has too many irons in the fire.

I do have to admit that I am a sloppy quilter. I have tried everything, but I NEVER seem to get things to line up correctly. I've pinned through seams, made certain they were nested well, all the usual . . . and everything seems to be wonky. I tell my DH that I am a "Larry the Cable Guy" type of person. I want to 'git 'er dun!' and it always comes back to bite me.

All that being said, tricks to slow down and do it right would greatly help me. I'm ready to do nothing but foundation piecing if that's what it takes to keep me on the right track.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

....... another thought that goes along with Sandy's. I never seem to press the right way. Its great when constructing a block, but when it's time to put the blocks together...... nothing seems to match. So any help in construction would be awesome.
                  ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                  Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                  (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I have both courses and have yet to watch the second one. But I have never appliqued so I would love to see more of this. I love your tutorials.

Take care,
                    Monique
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Handicap accessibility for people in wheelchairs, for example, like cutting, ironing, sewing, lowering things, etc.
                      Definite agreement on cutting more accurately!
                      How to mix/match blocks to go together from different patterns that you've taught (--both classes done here for me - watched over and over...)
                      Applique and handstitching -- how to get nice patches on the quilts to say who made it, who it's to etc -- and how to attach lovely. Terrified of applique so even getting on those tiny squares of info is overwhelming!! Maybe a progression of basic and easy and work up to more and more intricate in detail? I've watched the tutorials, but slow and steady over and over is my way.
                      As said above, how to subtlize (is that a word?) booboos so they are less obvious. I have poor hand issues and struggle to get a steady line and struggle with the seam ripper coordination.
                      Basic patterns that hide problems-- even if just listed in the handbook that goes with the class.
                      Tips on putting a LARGE quilt together for those of us w/o the long arm. Trying to get free of tucks and gathers and pinches....

I really appreciate your voice tone and pronunciation so that it is clear and easy to follow. Some ladies are so timid and quiet-- yours is definitely top of the line with camera angles etc. Thank you.
                      Melanee

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Piecelique!
                        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I have QQ1. I want to get 2 as soon as I can. Anything you want to teach I'm willing to learn! You are such a great teacher. Thanks so much for all you do. You are such a precious person as are your girls and son. All the work you and they do for us is much appreciated. God Bless you and your family. Hugs, Jan Luna
                          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Jenny, you are such a good teacher, with just the right amount of humor and plenty of friendliness, anything you teach would be helpful, fun and interesting!
                            Cynthia

Comment

Hi Jenny
                              Thank-U for asking our inpuT Ooops ...Sorry did I hit your Eyeeee....lol

Any how... I have an Idea....Well it just POPED in My Cabeza(spanish for head)
                              I thought that now since there's no School.....
                              and.... we all know how we like to pass on skills to our Young ones...annnnnddddd
                              Tradition as well.
                              "TRADITIOoooN....TRADITION!" I Luv "Fiddler on the Roof"
                              I can go On and On the reasons why....
                              Anyhowww...
                              I remember when I saw you and your Grand Daughter making "History" together.

It was like seen an episode of "Back to the Future"...."You teaching your Younger version on how to quilt" That was so KOOL and ~Very Special~.
                              Not to mention the confidence on her face... Speachless.

My point is ...."Kidz Corner"

Have a Happy Weekend...and tell Hubby "HAPPY FATHER's DAY"
                              Last edited by oldgurl4; June 18, 2011, 04:02 PM.
                              :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Working...
                              X