• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides quilts..

What else do you like to sew?
    Last edited by sewsoft; June 12, 2011, 10:40 PM. Reason: message

Re: Besides quilts..

Besides quilting, I love aprons...been trying my hand at a few of them. Not good enough to post pictures, but I'll get there sooner or later!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I also sew table runners, placemats, tote bags and pillows. Occasionally I sew a curtain or valance. Barb in MO
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Totes and purses. I also do English smocking/heirloom sewing. I used to do a lot of garment sewing but not so much anymore.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

All kind of different crafts. Like to knit socks, sweaters, jumpers etc. Also like to sew clothes for me, doing hand embroidery, weaving, crochet and kumihimu/yatso kongo. (Japanese weaving)
          I like to change and do everything that has to do with fabrics, yarn and wool.
          In between I have to shorten the pants/or lengthen some arms, sew buttons, etc. for three grown up children,their spouse/husbands and one DG.
          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I sew a few clothes for my daughter and her Halloween costumes. I have made some tote bags and done some mending. I love to make Funky Friends Factory stuffed animals. Pauline has the cutest animal patterns and they are made of fleece, so they are fairly easy to sew. I have one of her aardvarks that hangs out with me in my sewing room. My daughter has it's friend that roams about the house with the two ponies and the elephant I have made her over the last few years. Her friends also get them for their birthdays.
            I used to cross stitch a lot but all of those pretty flosses are pretty tempting for a baby and toddler, so I put that hobby away and haven't picked it back up yet. I also have a spinning wheel which is stored at Mom's. I like to spin, but I can't knit or crochet (I've even taken lessons), so I had no way to use the yarn. We don't have sheep any more, nor do I shear, so no more free fleeces. I should probably sell the wheel, but I can't seem to let it go. One day I may be able to make may hands figure out how to work the needle or hook. We might get a couple of bummer lambs to use up the extra goat milk, and I'd have wool again! I doubt I'd ever be able to read one of those patterns though!
            I think I'll stick with the quilting for now.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

anything i run across on here to looks easy. i love doing aprons and bags. I have been staring forever at my bow tuck purse pattern. I think I am getting close to trying it
              Patrice

Comment

clothing, curtains and valances, handbags and totes, just about anything that can be done with my sewing machine. I also knit and crochet.
                When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I'd say anything but clothes....right now am on a tote bag jag. I also enjoy English Paper piecing and other hand sewing. Very relaxing. Great question, Sewsoft!

Comment

So far just totes, a table runner and some curtains. Last year my new passion was learning, making and selling hand knit and felted handbags, hats and ear bands. So far I like quilting better.
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I have been making mug rugs/candle mats. Fun and great way to use some of those scraps. Also went to dinner at a friends house so I made her some little wine coasters - quick and easy!
                      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I do a lot of piddling - a bit of this, a bit of that, a whole lot of whatever. Al says I change focus more often than I change my underwear.

Oh, and I'm a naked knitter (which means I don't knit in public and/or for public).
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Covers her eyes looking at sandy
                          "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                          :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
                            I sew a few clothes for my daughter and her Halloween costumes. I have made some tote bags and done some mending. I love to make Funky Friends Factory stuffed animals. Pauline has the cutest animal patterns and they are made of fleece, so they are fairly easy to sew. I have one of her aardvarks that hangs out with me in my sewing room. My daughter has it's friend that roams about the house with the two ponies and the elephant I have made her over the last few years. Her friends also get them for their birthdays.
                            I used to cross stitch a lot but all of those pretty flosses are pretty tempting for a baby and toddler, so I put that hobby away and haven't picked it back up yet. I also have a spinning wheel which is stored at Mom's. I like to spin, but I can't knit or crochet (I've even taken lessons), so I had no way to use the yarn. We don't have sheep any more, nor do I shear, so no more free fleeces. I should probably sell the wheel, but I can't seem to let it go. One day I may be able to make may hands figure out how to work the needle or hook. We might get a couple of bummer lambs to use up the extra goat milk, and I'd have wool again! I doubt I'd ever be able to read one of those patterns though!
                            I think I'll stick with the quilting for now.
                            Wish I'd live nearer to your place. I would buy all the wool you'll spin and use it weaving or knitting. That would be fun!
                            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I've made a couple of teddy bears out of fleece, a banner with my DGD name on it and a Easter Egg toss game. Want to do a hop scotch mat one of these days.
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X