Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Singer Excitement!

Hi All!
    I stumbled upon a vintage Singer yesterday at a garage sale, of all things!
    After a bit of investigation, she's a 15-86, born on March 12, 1935 in Elizabeth New Jersey. She is in a wooden cabinet (rough shape) with 4 drawers-not the ornate ones though, stool with removable top and removable notions holder inside. The stool seems to have the original covering on it, in good shape. I am sure?? the machine used to be a treadle, but modified to electric.
    There is a model number on the base of the machine, decals are a bit worn, and there's a decal of a bird on the bed. The Grandmother of the lady that sold her to me was the original owner, and the Granddaughter stated that she sewed on it this past Christmas.
    I haven't had a chance to try her out, and no time today, bummer. I can see a worn spot on the belt, but there's a Singer guy in town I can take her to.
    2 owners manuals and quite a few feet and I think I saw a box for a hemstitcher attachment in the drawers too. The cabinet is rock steady on it's legs.
    Hopefully more info to come! I am thinking of a name for her....
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Re: Vintage Singer Excitement!

Woo hoo! What a find. Enjoy your new machine!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Yay for vintage Singers! I love my Betty and wish I had a whole room where I could collect them. Whoo hoo for you!
      Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
      Pinterest

Comment

Okay, Lola, send her over to me and I'll clean her, recondition her, give her a perm, and send her back!!!! I name all my machines. BTW I understand that if the bird decal is a pheasant that it is a rare machine . . . I have one from 1892 with pheasant decals . . .
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Yay for you, Lola!! Congrats!!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
          X