STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! ARGH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! ARGH!!!

So I'm making a table runner....got the top done, make the quilt top, batting, backing sammich and go to sew it. I put it together so I could turn it and wouldn't have to bind it.....get half way sewn around it and realize that I put the batting where the backing goes!!!! ARGH!!!!!! Now I have to rip it all out!!!! I was so mad I threw it in a heap in the corner...I'll go back and fix it tomorrow when I cool down a little. I've been sewing for 15 years! I should have caught that!!!

Re: STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! ARGH!!!

Tegan, be a little kind to yourself, you wouldn't believe the silly things I've been known to do after more years of experience than you. We are not perfect...thank goodness, we are human and mistakes are part of the territory. Fix it tomorrow and have a good chuckle while you are doing it.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Tegan, was that about the time I was trying to put the salt and pepper in the refrigerator? I'm blaming mine on a cosmic hiccup or something. Stupid things done for no good reason always get me. Thankfully you caught it before you finished it!

I am sure it will be fine once you finish it the way you had intended!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Don't ya just hate that!?! Time to let the blood pressure come down. Tomorrow is another day!
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

leave that heap in the corner. It's still there tomorrow, believe me. Then it starts nagging and you'll do it in no time. And right I'm sure of that.
          things like that happen, when we stress ourselves. Be cool and stay cool! Don't rush! and everything will be ok.
          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Tegan, thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one who has ARGH!!! moments. don't worry about it. You'll fix it and it will be a beauty with a funny story to boot.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I've been sewing all my life, and I have things like this happen still. I know how frustrating it is and we kick ourselves, but eventually we can laugh and realize we are all human and goof up. Rest assured you are not alone!
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Sometimes I think that I have more ARGH ! moments than I have regular moments.....my hubby says that it's because I don't plan enough. I say I just have lots of ideas floating around in my head.
                Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

With every project I do there is always something I have to rip out. wether small or big. It seems like every time my hubby asks what Im doing I say ripping out. he just laughs. Something like what you did would be perfect for saving when you are sitting in front of the tv at night and ripping it out. That way you can keep sewing through the day..lol
                  Patrice

Comment

Oh please...........you are not alone. I can't count the times I have ripped and ripped. Stay away from it for a while and then when you pick it up again it will be perfect.
                    Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Here's a good one...
                      I'm sitting and sewing along, pinning, piecing... talking to myself and saying something like,,,, OOOO.. be sure to do it "this" way, not backwards, or don't cut it in the wrong place... etc, etc... and wham... don't i go and do EXACTLY the think i was telling myself NOT to do... Sometimes i should just tell myself to "shut up"... LOL
                      Does anyone else talk to themselves!!!! heheheh
                      In the end... it's the fact that we are able to create these things that's the best... WHAT do people do that don't have handwork hobbies??? Oh,,, i'll bet it something like "housecleaning"... never could get that one down... ..heheheheheh
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I don't think you could find a quilter on the planet who hasn't done the same thing. I think I've done it more than once. I understand your frustration, but waiting to calm down was a smart move. I snip every third or fourth stitch on the top with a pair of tiny scissors and then you can pull the under thread off in one piece. Then I use my lint roller to take off the little snippets on the front. Best wishes.....Bubby
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Tegan - I know your pain. I think the last quilt top I did I ripped out the same row and put it back together 3 times before I could get it right and I even had pictures showing me how the blocks were suppose to go. Then the next two rows I had to redo 2 times before I got it right. I have been sewing for 42 years and still can't read pictures sometimes. It just shows your mind wasn't in it at the time. Hope it gets better. Have a good day.

Lynne

Comment

Yeah, I sew a lot of bags and stuff, so I KNOW how layers are supposed to go together to be turned out the right way. I just cant believe I did that!! So.....now tonight I will finish it RIGHT! Then I'll post pictures...because seriously...it should have been done last night lol.

Comment

Seriously, at 15 years, you're only a beginner. Give your self some credit, a little time and a nice dish of ice cream. You'll feel better tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X