Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bow Tucks Bag help

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
    OHHHHH girl, you have SEWWWWW stepped in it. LOL! Ok, I'll give it a whirl...................and I'll gladly accept your help!
    Just remember there is no internet in jail, and that is where I may be tomorrow!!!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

They still allow one phone right? You could always send instructions via your one call! LOL

Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

My pattern is on its way to me. I am looking forward to making one. I see there is a mini bowtuckbut it does not seem to be that much difference in size.

Can the regular one be used as a day to day purse or only the mini for that?
        :icon_happy:Karen
        Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
          My pattern is on its way to me. I am looking forward to making one. I see there is a mini bowtuckbut it does not seem to be that much difference in size.

Can the regular one be used as a day to day purse or only the mini for that?
          Yes Karen, there is a mini. I did carry the smaller one as a purse for a while, but I carried the bigger one as a purse for a long time!!! It is especially nice when traveling! You would be surprised just how much stuff you can get into it! There is a difference of a few inches, not that much. You can see here what it is -

image.jpg
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            Just remember there is no internet in jail, and that is where I may be tomorrow!!!!!
            Ms. Pat, no worries there. We'll all be there with your bail money and we'll be picketing in front of the jail.

Comment

Yes Karen, there is a mini. I did carry the smaller one as a purse for a while, but I carried the bigger one as a purse for a long time!!! It is especially nice when traveling! You would be surprised just how much stuff you can get into it! There is a difference of a few inches, not that much. You can see here what it is -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89441[/ATTACH]
              Great. It was good to see them next to each other. I like the larger size myself. Ok, last question for now. What do you use for the bottom. I am getting ready to order the pellon and figured I could add thatto my order as well. Do you use cardboard or plastic? Thanks much for the help

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89441[/ATTACH]
                I have the mini pattern and have made a few. Was wondering just how much bigger the reg. bow tucks was. I almost missed it in the picture. Really not that much. Can you do a side by side of the professional tote sm and lg

and Karen I just use plastic canvas and make a little pillow case for it to fit in, and then tuck it in the bottom of the purse.
                Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

[QUOTE=Doloris;610997] Really not that much. Can you do a side by side of the professional tote sm and lg
                  QUOTE]

No! I don't have a big one here, just a small one. The small one is about 2/3's the size I would guess. When I get the next big one sewn, I will try to remember to do a side by side of them.

For the inside bottom, I used in my a thick piece of plexi glass I had and rounded the corners on it. On the ones I sell, I have extra heavy cardboard that came in a TV box and I use that. If I don't have that, I tape together two pieces of cardboard and use that. You need to make a sleeve to put it in.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Ok that is easy enough. We have great pieces at my job that i can cut before throwing out. Awesome. Free!!!

Comment

ok took some stash fabric and cut this out.. its not that hard once you start. I did find all the tips so helpful. I did run out of 987F . I am so hoping we have some in town. In the pattern it doesnt say anything about putting the front pocket on so this was a big help. I didnt quilt it.. cause I am making it more as a sample but will try that on the real one. I have never machine quilted before. Thank you all so much.

Comment

It says how to do the pocket, but it's not real clear. Others have said the same thing. Hope it goes well for you!!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Hey ladies! Just wanted to say I am in the process of making my first bow tuck bag also! I had to read the instructions several times and then several more times. Kept getting hung up on the outside pocket. I finally got it figured out! I still have to make my straps then will be able to sew it all together! I really like the look of this bag!

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post
                            Hey ladies! Just wanted to say I am in the process of making my first bow tuck bag also! I had to read the instructions several times and then several more times. Kept getting hung up on the outside pocket. I finally got it figured out! I still have to make my straps then will be able to sew it all together! I really like the look of this bag!
                            Did you do it the way they said or the way I suggested? I did it their way once and then changed the method I use.
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Did you do it the way they said or the way I suggested? I did it their way once and then changed the method I use.
                              I did it their way. I just now learned of your way. I will be using your method for the next one I make. I would have had it finished by now, but I ran out of interfacing and kept forgetting to pick some up. To much eye candy in those shops! I finally picked some up while I was in WM tonight!

Comment

Screenshot_2014-11-03-17-43-05.jpg

A screen shot of the pattern corrections for the pocket. I haven't seen the pattern and the instructions on this are about as clear as mud to me - but this is the only correction listed. If you can't see this I'll post in your visitor messages on your page.

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                                I've been admiring our forum member bubba's (Pat) bag patterns. Of course, we affectionately refer to her as our "bag lady." lol She probably thinks that I'm a stalker going into her albums constantly to see her wonderful bags.

I just got my order today from MSQ and my pattern. I have a couple questions:

1. The pattern suggests lightweight fusible batting. Will that give it enough body? I think I'd rather use something heavier, but not sure what.

2. I know that I saw somewhere that a correction had been made regarding the outside pocket, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. Maybe it was a suggestion on the forum to put the bottom of the pocket to the edge and enclose it with the bottom section?

I've made a ton of totes, but not many purse patterns. Any tips before I start cutting fabric will be greatly appreciated.
                                Last edited by BeachLizard; November 3rd, 2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X