• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Navas
    replied
    Re: Score! Latest acquisition....

Originally posted by Launie View Post
    "why is there steam coming out of that hole?"
    Launie, any possibility you could have gotten some oil in the motor? That would definitely cause it to smoke. No flashes of light or sparks? I'd be more inclined to think it was oil being heated . . . just my 2cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

So glad little eyes were observant. Hope it is a minor fix! Sorry for the inconvenience! Hope you are back to stitching soon!

Leave a comment:

• Launie
    replied

So I threaded it and started sewing and at first it was going great. What a beautiful row of stitches! Well after about 5 minutes or so, my 5yr old asks "why is there steam coming out of that hole?" Oh dear. There was smoke from the little engine block on the back. My guess is that some insulation was burning off the wires or something. So I will take that and my Pfaff in for a checkup....

Leave a comment:

• GlendaSue
    replied

Launie...our local Target store has them for 19.99! I needed one for my sister's machine that she left to Mom who then passed it on to me. Thought I wouldn't find a case for it but when I walked into Targets...there it was and cheap!!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Launie, you will absolutely LOVE sewing on one of the older Singer machines!

Leave a comment:

• Divine Daisy
    replied

what an amazing find! can't wait to hear how you get on

Leave a comment:

• Launie
    started a topic Score! Latest acquisition....

Score! Latest acquisition....

is a 1935 Singer 15-91. My Grampa used to service sewing machines. He passed away in 2005, and when they were cleaning things out, they found an old treadle, a Singer 99K (which my sis took and I am teaching her how to sew), and a Singer 15-91. My Pfaff is acting up and I am in the middle of a bunch of projects. I asked my mom if she had any of those machines left and score for me. It does not have a case though.

I was wondering if I can get a generic case at the store? Or do I surf ebay hoping for one to come along?

I am pretty sure it still works, he did meticulous work. I will load it up and see how she runs in the morning.
Working...
X