Mary has a new sister!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary has a new sister!!

I finally got a Singer Featherweight. My DH has a booth at our local peddlers mall, and one of the other booth renters told him she had one. Well he brought it home for me to look at and I had to have it. The lady wanted $225 and I went ahead an paid it. She was nice enought to let me pay her in two installments. I love this little machine and I've named her Shirley. I like to name the machines what the most popular baby girls name was for the year it was made--this machince was born in 1936--but the name was also Mary for that year, Shirley was second, So now Mary my Singer 99 has a sister. It's it pretty good shape--it was sewing fine until I cleaned it, but now the thread keeps breaking. It's missing the tension dial and I need to order one from the internet. I cleaned her up, but boy that case sure does stink--from what I've read this is a very common problem.

She's packed up right now--next week when I have some more time, I will take a look at her. Hopefully I can get her sewing again.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Mary has a new sister!!

Oh, I am so excited for you! I had one offered to me last week for 325.00, which I think is a bit steep, and it certainly isn't in my budget right now. I need to go look at it, the lady has 2-both were gifts to her if I understand correctly, but I know if I go look I will want her more! Especially since I have another of my machines in the shop for a tension issue and a general cleaning, so I am down to 1 machine--there were 6 machines ahead of mine so goodness knows when I will get it back. Congrats and I will be watching for updates on how Shirley is doing for you!
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRLEY!!

Lisa, you will love your new playmate. You are like me. I have my machines named.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I name my machines, too! LOL

Congrats on Shirley...I'm envious!! I scour our local antique mall and Craig's List looking for a Featherweight I can afford. Someday I'll have one!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

@mrswindy4--I know they are so expensive. I tried several times to bid on one from Ebay, but they always went over $300. I told myself I wouldn't pay over $200, but when DH brought it home and I could actually sew with it, I had to have it.
          Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Congratulations and enjoy!!
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X