i have stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have stalled

i am about half way through my first full sized quilt and have stalled! I know where its going and I havent come to grief on the design so i dont really understand why i have come to a grinding halt.

Does anyone else experiance this or am I just being a numpty?

This is a terrably important quilt to me because it is to be auctioned to raise money for the chemotherepy unit that treated me until recently and is now treating my husband. I realise that this is a tremendously stressful time for me while I am still not feeling very well but until now the quilt has provided me with purpose and distraction. I also know that it is much bigger than anything i have attempted before (king sized) and that is itself is daunting.

I don't want to leave it for a while and do something else. It is important that i finish it fairly soon. Also over this weekend i did do another small project for my daughter and all the time just kept thinking of the chemo quilt.

Sorry to be mis......... i usually try to remain upbeat....I just hope this is a quilting phenomemon and not me being a baby lol.

Maybe we should name it as an official quilting condition? Mid Quiltitis maybe?
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: i have stalled

Hi Daisy...... I'm right there with you. I have stalled on my black and white quilt. I don't want to set it aside and begin another project, but neither do I want to work on it right now. I got bogged down with setting the blocks just right. Now I feel as if there are too many white.... so I put it away. Maybe we'll both get some inspiration this week, hon. I sure hope so .
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

My "midquilties" has me stalled in the quilting of my cousins quilt! I am all go when it comes to piecing the quilt, it's the actual hand-quilting that I get stalled on. I get bored with it...crazy I know! Anyway, as Mia said, maybe we will all get motivated again soon. In the meantime take a break and do something else. My quilt frame is right where I walk by it everyday and I know I need to finish it, so I eventually will get it done...but I'm now in that Patriot Quilt Block group and have made the first block and am gung ho to get those blocks done. We all do it I am sure. Hang in there!
      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Is it too late to make it a smaller size? Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the size of a quilt. Could you make it a twin? It would still be lovely and serve the purpose and could be used as a lap quilt for sofa too. I just finished up a quilt that I donated to our senior center to raffle off and there were times I wasn't motivated but wanted to get it finished. You can do this, even just a little at a time.
        Jo :icon_wave:

Comment

A good remedy is to set that quilt aside, don't think about it until it irritates you lying around. Meanwhile, take your family out for a walk into the nature or a park. Enjoy the spring, flowers, your daughter, your husband.
          I know what I'm talking about. I still follow a therapy about a fracture on my right wrist and my husband is in chemo therapy too.
          There are always better days to come. And one day you start on that quilt again and finish it, I'm sure!!!!!
          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I think sometimes we all "hit the walls". I'm through with a quilt top for hubby and one of the string quilts that just needs a border and binding and two d9p table runners and I'm in just no mood to even go in the room and look at the, but still I ordered some new fabric??? Go figure!!!!

Comment

I think we all get mid-quiltitis every now and then (by the way, love the title!). That's why we all have UFOs in our closets waiting for us to return to them. Perhaps a break is all you need. Do something else for a day or so: gardening, walking, etc. Don't think about the quilt and then when you come back to it in a day or so you just might have new inspiration to get going on it again. Good luck to you!
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I think quilting projects are like books,to me. I like to have several going at once and work on what I am in the mood for at that time. One might sit awhile till I am inspired, than I move on it. Sometimes I zoom ahead on another one. Slow and steady wins the race most of the time. Don't worry......I think we all do it to some degree.

Comment

I get stalled quite a bit. One thing that really helps get my motivation back is to watch youtube videos...not just MSQC, but any and all quilt videos I can find. I'll run across something that really catches my eye, and I bookmark it or save it to my favorites so I have a next project to go to. I really do work harder at finishing what I started, so I can start another one. (Sometimes, I do have 2-3 quilts I work on at the same time)
                  Just watching the videos gives me my get up and go back!
                  ~Mary
                  As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

thanks for all the support. i wont start another till i finish this..... is a rule i made for myself when i found i had too many unfinished things and couldnt remember exactly what i had planned for them. Also, while i am not exactly on a deadline for geting this finished .......... the sooner i do, the sooner it can be auctioned. It is a summery kind of quilt anyway so ....just needs to be finished
                    Blog
                    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Go for a brisk walk, a cup of coffee and see if that helps. Sometimes just looking at the quilts that others have made gives me a spark of motivation. Good luck.
                      Susan

Comment

Working...
                      X