Quilt size ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt size ?

Just received my first jelly roll in the mail today. Want to make "Summer in the park"
    with it, know I have to get some material to go with it but was wondering what
    size of quilt will one jelly roll make using this pattern. Thanks for your help in
    advance. Sue

Re: Quilt size ?

Originally posted by kahillusm View Post
    Just received my first jelly roll in the mail today. Want to make "Summer in the park"
    with it, know I have to get some material to go with it but was wondering what
    size of quilt will one jelly roll make using this pattern. Thanks for your help in
    advance. Sue
    Hi Sue...I am wondering the same thing..I am fixin' to place an order to make the "Summer in the Park" ...with the one print jelly roll and one solid jelly roll...I would think with borders it would make a good size quilt. Go here..
    http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/J...oll_Quilt.html and see what she made with on jelly roll and 3/4 yd of fabric. It is a different pattern (I think it is Fence Rail) but it will give you an idea of what to expect. I wish MSQC would give us the finished sizes of the quilts in the tutorials. I love the tutorials and watch them over and over. I am hoping MSQC will answer our question.
    Good luck hon...Hugs, Dee in Oklahoma

Comment

I made the half hexi quilt from a jelly roll, plus some yardage for borders. It will cover the top of a twin sized bed, but not much more. One jelly roll will make a decent sized lap quilt.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I just finished piecing the top of my jelly roll quilt. I used one jelly roll and then bordered it with a 3", 1" and 5" border. The finished top is 70" x 82" and fits a full sized bed pretty well. You might want to add more border width if you need a longer drop over the sides of the bed.

This was the fast 1600 Jelly Roll quilt pattern where you sew every strip end to end into one long strip and then fold in half and keep sewing the sides together until done so every bit of the jelly roll was used up. Not sure how much waste there is in the Summer in the Park pattern but you should get at least a twin size out of it with one border.

JELLY ROLL QUILT_0032 SM.jpgJELLY ROLL QUILT BORDER DETAIL_0029.jpgJELLY ROLL QUILT FULL BED SIZE_0016.jpg

P.S. I just went downstairs and measured the jelly roll only portion of my quilt and it is 52" x 64". Which makes sense because I added 18" of borders to get the final 70" x 82".
        Last edited by Sewbee; May 28, 2011, 04:36 PM.
        Linda
        -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone, just what I wanted to know. Sue

Comment

The quilt that I made with a jelly roll was a decent sized lap quilt. To make a twin sized quilt I would need to add sashings and borders.
            Susan

Comment

Sue, I've made Summer in the Park, mine finished 78x86. The centre part was 65x73 and I added a 2" inner and 4.5" outer border. If you would like it larger you could add wider borders.
              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thanks....I came here today searching for the size of a Summer in the Park Quilt. Very helpful.
                Adriene
                "So much fabric....so little time..."

Comment

Working...
                X